Black Diamond Camalot X4 Cam - Black Diamond Camalot X4 Rock Climbing Cam - The Camalot X4 Cam by Black Diamond is one cam that should be on everyone's rack. This durable, versatile 4-lobed camming unit, combines a patent-pending Stacked Axle Technology and integrated cam springs to offer more expansion range than any small cam on the market. A narrower head-width than the original Camalot, it fits in more places than ever before and aluminum armor beads protect cable stem without compromising flexibility. The lightweight, yet durable Dyneema sling offers easy identification and differentiation from other Camalots and a symmetric swage and hot-forged trigger bar eliminate buckling and provide ergonomic handling. So if you suddenly find yourself in a tight spot, don't forget to grab the Camalot X4 Cam by Black Diamond
- X4 features 4 cam lobes for excellent expansion range and holding power, yet it maintains a narrow width so it can fit where other cams won't, such as in old piton scars
- Trigger bar is hot forged to fit comfortably in your hand and make cam placement quick and easy
- Narrower head width than original Camalot fits in more places than ever
- Aluminum beads protect the woven cable from abrasion without compromising the flexibility of the stem, allowing the cam to hold strong in awkward horizontal placements
- Size 0.75 = 24 - 41.2mm / 10kN / 112g / green
- Six sizes of the X4 cover the same expansion range as eight sizes of comparable cam units, meaning you can carry fewer cams yet protect the same size cracks
- Size 0.2 = 9.9 - 16.5mm / 6kN / 54g / yellow
- Size 0.5 = 19.8 - 33.7mm / 10kN / 91g / purple
- Size 0.3 = 12.4 - 21.2mm / 8kN / 75g / blue
- Stacked axle design of the smallest three sizes gives the cams more expansion range per size than any other small four-cam unit available
- Largest three sizes use the tried-and-true Black Diamond double axle design that's found in the original Camalot
- Lightweight yet durable Dyneema sling for easy identification and differentiation from other Camalots
- : 0.4 = 15.5 - 26.6mm / 10kN / 82g / gray
- Color-coded Oz and Neutrino carabiner Rackpacks are sold separately, offering a great way to rack the Black Diamond Camalot X4 cams for easy identification
- : 0.1 = 8.4 - 13.8mm / 5kN / 51g / red
- Symmetric swage and hot-forged trigger bar eliminate buckling and provide ergonomic handling
- Weight 1.4 oz to 4 oz
- Double axle (.75, .5 and .4) and Stacked Axle Technology (.3, .2 and .1) provide huge expansion range
- Lightweight, durable Dyneema slings help you identify the cam you want when you're grabbing one; Dyneema slings visually set the cams apart from others on your rack
- Narrow head width is created by embedding the cam springs within the cam lobes
Black Diamond's newest addition to their Camalot family, the X4 combines the holding power of a four-cam unit with a narrower profile to really get into those tight spots other cams just won't. Similar to the C4, this cam has a double axle (.75, .5, and .4 sizes) or stacked axle (.3, .2 and .1 sizes) for more expansion range per size than any small four-cam unit on the market. In fact, the six sizes of the Camalot X4 cover the same range as eight sizes of comparable units. The embedded cam springs allow for an ultra-narrow head width. The X4 has a segmented casing protecting the cable stem, made with super-durable aluminum protection beads, so it can withstand repeated abrasion without losing any flexibility. Featuring a hot-forged trigger bar, and a symmetric swage which improve handling and eliminate buckling. Plus, lightweight dyneema sling is color coded and can be paired with Oz, Hoodwire, and Neutrino rackpacks (available separately) for quick reference on the go. Make room in your trad rack for the newest gold-standard camalot from Black Diamond.
When you're trying to climb your way up that vertical rock wall, you'll want to be sure you have the best available tools at your disposal. The Black Diamond Camalot X4 Cams combines single-stem flexibility ideal for horizontal crack placement with a narrow head design so it can fit in tight places.
Combining single-stem flexibility for horizontal crack placements with a narrow head width that fits in tight places, the Black Diamond Camalot X4 cam is the missing link on your trad rack.
Made in 6 sizes; see specifications listed below for size = range / strength / weight / color:
Black Diamond’s Camalot X4 redefines thin-crack protection.
Combining an incredible expansion range with a super-flexible cable stem and a narrow head width, the Camalot X4 is a super-versatile 4-cam unit for everything from big wall missions to hard, modern free climbs.