Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins -
Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins provide the best grip and climbing thanks to a new and improved material.
These lightweight split skins are designed specifically for splitboards and mega-fat powder skis (wider than 120 mm underfoot) and feature a Dyneema-reinforced strip down the middle for weight and drag reduction.
Their split-specific tip attachment features an oversized cable to fit the fattest ski tips, and our patented STS tail system provides up to 10 cm of adjustability.
Unique "split" skin has Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in middle for reduced weight, drag, more packability and easy on/off.
Durable printed plush material provides benchmark climbing with improved glide.
Patented STS adjustable tails provide 10 cm of length adjustment.
Split-skin-specific adjustable tip attachment with oversized cable for wider ski tips.
Stick these Black Diamond Climbing Skins on your phat skis or split board for ultimate climb and glide capabilities in the backcountry.
- STS Tail straps are riveted in place and have an even stretch to provide the snug, secure fit you need to keep skins in place
- Strong metal wire tip loop fits a wide range of ski tip sizes and can be easily adjusted or replaced
- Plush nylon material provides steadfast traction on the steepest slopes and smooth glide when you need to conquer a rolling track
- Orange Plush skin material is durable and sturdy
- Durable printed plush material provides better climbing with improved glide
- Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in middle for reduced weight, drag, more packability and easy rip off
- Patented STS adjustable tails (with split-skin specific design) provide 10 cm of length adjustment
- A section of webbing in the middle of the skins makes for easier packing and quick on and off
- Unique "split" skin has webbing in middle for light weight, drag reduction, more packability and easy on/off
- Split skin-specific tip loop made for the massive shovels found on most powder skis
- Split-skin-specific adjustable tip attachment with oversized cable for wider ski tips
- Gold Label Adhesive sticks to the bottom of your skis in the coldest and warmest temps and remains sticky season after season
Ever have trouble finding touring a skin to fit your mega-fat powder ski? Black Diamond's Ascension Nylon Split STS Climbing Skin was made for a ski with a waist of 120mm or wider. Rather than attempt to cover the entire base of your fat ski, this climbing skin uses plush nylon skin material closer to the edges, with a strip of mesh down the middle in order to aid packability and reduce weight. Now your pow ski CAN be your touring ski.
Oregon Mountain Community
You don't have to be the Incredible Hulk to rip these skins off or carry them around. The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins feature a Dyneema-reinforced strip down the middle for weight and peel-resistance reduction. Designed specifically for fat skis (wider than 120 mm underfoot) the split-specific tip attachment features an oversized cable to fit the fattest ski tips, and a patented STS tail system for up to 3.9 in (10 cm) of length adjustability.
Get the most out of your powder skis with the Ascension Nylon Split STS skins from Black Diamonds.
Lightweight skins designed specifically for powder-specialty skis that are 110 mm or wider underfoot.