Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins -
Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins provide the best grip and climbing thanks to a new and improved material.
These lightweight split skins are designed specifically for splitboards and mega-fat powder skis (wider than 120 mm underfoot) and feature a Dyneema-reinforced strip down the middle for weight and drag reduction.
Their split-specific tip attachment features an oversized cable to fit the fattest ski tips, and our patented STS tail system provides up to 10 cm of adjustability.
Unique "split" skin has Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in middle for reduced weight, drag, more packability and easy on/off.
Durable printed plush material provides benchmark climbing with improved glide.
Patented STS adjustable tails provide 10 cm of length adjustment.
Split-skin-specific adjustable tip attachment with oversized cable for wider ski tips.
Stick these Black Diamond Climbing Skins on your phat skis or split board for ultimate climb and glide capabilities in the backcountry.
- STS tail attachment fits any ski you have on hand and provides 10cm of length adjustment
- STS Tail straps are riveted in place and have an even stretch to provide the snug, secure fit you need to keep skins in place
- Strong metal wire tip loop fits a wide range of ski tip sizes and can be easily adjusted or replaced
- Split STS skins are 160mm wide and can be trimmed to fit the shape of your fat powder boards that are 120mm or wider underfoot
- Orange Plush skin material is durable and sturdy
- Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in middle for reduced weight, drag, more packability and easy rip off
- Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in the middle of the skins keeps them lightweight and packable, and makes them easy to remove from skis
- Printed plush material lets you climb steep slopes in search of deep powder; improved material is designed to glide better than previous versions
- Plush nylon material provides steadfast traction on the steepest slopes and smooth glide when you need to conquer a rolling track
- Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS climbing skins include detailed instructions, skin trimming tool, Cheat Sheet mesh storage sheets and a nylon storage bag
- A section of webbing in the middle of the skins makes for easier packing and quick on and off
- Split skin-specific tip loop made for the massive shovels found on most powder skis
- Tenacious glue effectively sticks to your skis in all temperatures
- Tip design eliminates the traditional fold-over section at the front of the skin, thereby reducing weight and bulk
- Gold Label Adhesive sticks to the bottom of your skis in the coldest and warmest temps and remains sticky season after season
- Split-skin-specific adjustable tip attachment with oversized cable for wider ski tips
Black Diamond web disabled.
DECENT FEATURES of the Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins.
The SPECS of the Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins.
Ever have trouble finding touring a skin to fit your mega-fat powder ski? Black Diamond's Ascension Nylon Split STS Climbing Skin was made for a ski with a waist of 120mm or wider. Rather than attempt to cover the entire base of your fat ski, this climbing skin uses plush nylon skin material closer to the edges, with a strip of mesh down the middle in order to aid packability and reduce weight. Now your pow ski CAN be your touring ski.
Oregon Mountain Community
You don't have to be the Incredible Hulk to rip these skins off or carry them around. The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS Skins feature a Dyneema-reinforced strip down the middle for weight and peel-resistance reduction. Designed specifically for fat skis (wider than 120 mm underfoot) the split-specific tip attachment features an oversized cable to fit the fattest ski tips, and a patented STS tail system for up to 3.9 in (10 cm) of length adjustability.
Designed to fit wide powder-specific skis, the Black Diamond Ascension Nylon Split STS climbing skins feature Dyneema-reinforced ripstop nylon in the middle to keep them lightweight and packable.
Made in USA.
Wide skis have tons of built-in traction, so save weight and get better glide on the uphill with Black Diamond's Ascension Nylon Split STS sail cloth-waisted skins that drive gripping power to the edges. The Skin Tight System offers a broad range of adjustment so you'll only need one pair of skins for any ski you find.
At Black Diamond it's all about climbing and skiing. They share the same experiences that you do on rock, ice and snow and these experiences push them to make the best gear possible for their worldwide family of climbers and skiers. Lightweight skins designed specifically for powder-specialty skis that are 110 mm or wider underfoot.