Black Diamond Ascension STS Skins -
Get access to any mountain with a set of Black Diamond Skins this winter. The Ascension Nylon STS skins give the best grip for climbing, while still gliding with ease. This year's model comes improved on the traditional Ascension design with new printed plush material. The longer fibers grab the snow for better climbing but sit flatter for easier gliding.
Black Diamond's improved skins add a bit of silicone to their glue for easier pulling apart. The glue is also temperature and compression active allowing it to become more tacky in the cold. A lighter weight design with the continued durability of previous models, this year's Ascension keeps the dense backing to avoid twisting when at the top of the mountain with frozen fingers and a need for powder.
The patented STS adjustable tail provides 10 cm of length adjustment on these skins while the adjustable tip attachment fits a wide range of ski tip shapes. These skins come in a long length meant to be cut down to fit your ski.
These Black Diamond Ascension Skins come equipped and assembled with tail clip and all of the materials you will need to cut them down to fit to your ski. The tip attachment is included for self-assembly. All 2012 BD Skins also include a new and improved zip closer, durable nylon ripstop bag.
- Orange Plush skin material is durable and sturdy
- Long-lasting, hard-climbing nylon skins are stiff for ease of handling
- Package includes detailed instructions, skin trimming tool, Cheat Sheet mesh storage sheets and a nylon storage bag
- Redesigned to be 10% more supple and packable in a new nylon ripstop bag
- Durable plush material provides benchmark climbing with improved glide
- Printed plush material lets you climb steep slopes in search of deep powder; improved material is designed to glide better than previous versions
- Patented STS tail system provides up to 3.9 in (10 cm) of adjustability and adjustable tip attachment fits a wide range of ski tips
- STS tail attachment fits any ski you have on hand
- Maximum length of the skin is 200cm; STS tail allows 10cm of length adjustment
- Skins must be trimmed for the length of the ski to be used as well as to match that ski's unique sidecut.
- Made in United States of America
- Cutting tool, stuff sack and adhesive protector included
- Tenacious glue effectively sticks to your skis in all temperatures
- Versatile, perfect for skinning through the darkness on a pre-work dawn patrol or changing over for your fifth uphill slog of the day
- Easily adjusts to different skis in your quiver, but also allows for one-and-done tensioning for fast transitions
- Available in 15 mm increments from 65 to 140 mm
- Tip design eliminates the traditional fold-over section at the front of the skin, thereby reducing weight and bulk
- 205 cm
- US shipments only
- Compatible with any ski of appropriate width. We suggest buying a skin that is approximately 6 mm narrower than the widest part of the ski you plan to use.
Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Skins provide the best grip and climbing thanks to a new and improved material.
Their patented STS tail system provides up to 10 cm of adjustability and the adjustable tip attachment fits a wide range of ski tips.
Durable printed plush material provides benchmark climbing with improved glide.
Patented STS adjustable tails provide 10 cm of length adjustment.
Adjustable tip attachment to fit a wide range of ski-tip shapes.
Available in 15 mm width increments from 65 to 140 mm.
Easily adjusts to different skis in your quiver, but also allows for one-and-done tensioning for fast transitions.
Stick these Black Diamond Climbing Skins on your skis for ultimate climb and glide capabilities in the backcountry.
You set out each morning in search of quick, steep skin track laps in order to bag as many pow turns as possible in the shortest amount time. Black Diamond made the Ascension Nylon STS Skins just for you. Plush on the bottom and fully adjustable, these skins conquer grainy or sticky conditions on the skin track, and they'll accommodate your fat skis or your skinnier sticks.
Ascension Skins from Black Diamond are renowned for their grippy, high-traction performance on steep climbs. With the secure STS system, you have adjustability to change the skin's tension as conditions fluctuate. Approximately 10 cm of length adjustability also means you can use 1 pair of skins for multiple pairs of skis. Includes a nylon ripstop storage bag for easy transport.
Black Diamond Ascension STS Skins Ten centimeters of adjustment lets you use one pair of skins to fit multiple skis. The STS system uses a reversible Tip Loop in the front and an easy-to-tension tailpiece with a tough, reversible elastomer strap in the back. Patented.
The classic gets even better for 2013. The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Climbing Skins have long been known for the best uphill grip and durability in the business and famous for a glue that continues to stick in the widest range of temperatures. BD's nylon plush gives up none of its tenacity this year, but gains some glide with longer, flatter fibers. The STS tail system straps are super durable, have an even stretch throughout, and are easily adjusted in the field with gloved hands.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Skins provide benchmark grip and climbing performance-now with improved glide thanks to our redesigned printed plush material.
Sierra Trading Post
From dawn patrol to laps on your favorite couloir, Black Diamond Equipment's Ascension Nylon STS 110mm climbing ski skins provide the perfect balance between grip and glide. The easy-to-handle stiff design and quick-adjusting tail system mean you can enjoy more time skiing and less time fussing.
Oregon Mountain Community
The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS Skins maintain solid grip and good base adhesion, even after a long day and multiple laps. The glide has improved due to the new nylon plush.
The Black Diamond Ascension Nylon STS climbing skins feature an improved printed plush material with better glide than before and the same great grip when climbing.
Made in USA.
Designed to easily attach to todays skis wide range of tail shapes, Ascension Nylon STS skins feature durable, hydrophobic construction and offer tremendous durability and climbing security.
Black Diamond web disabled.