Black Diamond ATC Belay - Black Diamond ATC-Sport Belay Device - The ATC-Sport Climbing Belay Device by Black Diamond is lightweight, durable and maintains a silky-smooth feeding making it perfect for adventure racers. A super light belay device designed for sport cragging and gym use, the ATC-Sport is a simplified, single-rope version of the ATC-XP. Two friction modes offer optimal stopping power while lowering your partner, and the versatile design accepts a wide range of rope sizes from 7.7 mm to 11 mm. With hot-forged construction, this belay device provides a solid catch thanks to a deep V-shaped groove on the brake-hand side and the durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropes. If you are in the market for a super compact and lightweight belay device that will take whatever you have to give, you have found it with the ATC-Sport Climbing Belay Device by Black Diamond.
- Hot-forged construction
- Read all directions and safety material before use**
- Designed for sport cragging
- Lightweight, single-rope version of the ATC-XP
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropes
- Unique, smooth-handling geometry
- Minimalist design is durable in all conditions
- 2.1 oz (60 grams)
- Large surface area dissipates heat when lowering or rappelling
- Dual friction modes
- Now available for order in specific colors
- Handles ropes from 7.7 mm to 11 mm
Designed for sport climbing and top-rope sessions using a proven, lightweight design, the Black Diamond ATC Sport belay device makes protecting your partner safe and intuitive. Incredibly popular with true variable friction and greater control, this belay device makes a trusted addition to your gear rack.
The Black Diamond ATC Belay. Lightweight and oft-copied design.
A single-rope, sport-cragging belay device, the ATC-Sport is built using the rest of the ATC family's time-tested design. This simple, lightweight, hot-forged device can handle a rope from 7.7-11 mm, and is designed with regular and high-friction modes for excellent versatility and holding/stopping power.
Lightweight, single-rope version of our ATC-XP