Black Diamond ATC-Guide Belay Device - Black Diamond's most versatile belay/rappel device, the Black Diamond ATC-Guide is now even lighter thanks to windows machined through the body. Black Diamond also enlarged the auto-block release hole to accept a small carabiner. Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling, and the device's guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor.
Black Diamond ATC Belay Device Features: Multiple friction modes for belay and rappelMachined windows through device for weight savingsGuide mode works with one or two climbers ascending or descendingAuto-block release hole enlarged to accept a small carabinerDurable cable holds its shape and resists getting caught between ropesHandles ropes from 7.7 mm to 11 mmStyle number BD620055
- Variable friction design gives great control with many rope diameters; ATC-Guide can handle ropes sizes from 7.7 - 11mm in diameter
- Made from durable, hot-forged anodized 7075-T6 aluminum
- High-friction grooves provide great hold and stopping power
- Double-slot design allows you to feed single or double ropes smoothly without kinking the rope
- Machined windows through the device make it lighter than the original ATC-Guide belay device
- Guide mode lets you belay one or two seconding climbers off an anchor
- 3.1 oz (88 grams)
- ATC-Guide can be set up as an auto-block device when you're belaying 1 or 2 seconding climbers
- Durable cable holds its shape and resists getting tangled
- Machined windows through device for weight savings.
- Multiple friction modes for belay and rappel.
- Guide mode works with one or two climbers ascending and descending
- Handles ropes from 7.7 to 11 mm
- Dependable and smooth operation
- Auto-block release hole lets you use a carabiner or a piece of cord to release the device when loaded so you can lower a seconding climber
- Multiple friction modes provide the optimal amount of stopping power when lowering or rappelling
The versatile Black Diamond ATC-Guide belay device offers complete belay and rappel functions and can be used with a variety of rope sizes.
All of the same strength and dependability, just as versatile, and now lighter than ever, Black Diamond’s ATC-Guide carabiner removes unnecessary material with machined windows in the side of the device – with no effect on overall strength.