Black Diamond C4 Camalot #0.3 -
The gold standard for camming units, the Black Diamond C4 Camalot #0.3 double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. Lightweight, easy-to-grab cable loop and trigger, and slings large enough to manipulate with gloves. Range: 0.54 to 0.92 inches (13.8-23.4mm)
Weight: 2.50oz (71g).
- Single nylon stem design is less likely to walk after placement
- Nylon stem is rigid for easy placement
- Double-axle design continues to offer widest range possible in each size.
- Newly designed cams and stem contribute up to a 20% weight savings per size
- Significantly lighter weight, better flexibility, and smooth action make these new camming devices the best protection available
- Large, textured thumb catch and trigger bar give slip-free placement and allow for independent cam manipulation
- Super strong and easy to place in varying rock types
- Strength up to 8kN (depending on proper placement, rock integrity, fall force, and the direction fall)
- New patent-pending C-Loop stem uses a continuous cable, offering tremendous strength and flexibility
- Color-coded heads and slings for easy identification
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Black Diamond's new C4 cams offer the greatest opportunity for solid placements by utilizing a larger expansion range. A whole rack of C4s require one less piece, saving you a whole pound. (That's a lot.)
"Our tester says 'I don't- actually, won't- leave ground without 'em.' " - Men's Health Gear Fall 2005