Black Diamond C4 Camalot - Black Diamond C4 Camalots completely new design makes them easier to use and lighter than any Cam to date. Better? No, the Black Diamond C4 Camalots have gone way past "better" and clear into "holy crap!" The C4’s completely new design makes them easier to use and lighter. Black Diamond managed to shave about 1 ½ pounds off the set, at the same time increasing their range so much that a couple half sizes became unnecessary. The C4’s include a thumb loop that makes them about a billion times easier to place one handed, and gives you a second point to clip in to. Almost forgot, the C4’s cost about the same as their predecessors. Size: #2. Return Policy: Climbing equipment sales are final. In order to guarantee the life saving integrity of the climbing gear we sell -- we cannot accept returns on any life safety climbing or mountaineering equipment.
- Single nylon stem design is less likely to walk after placement
- Read all directions and safety material before use.**
- Nylon stem is rigid for easy placement
- Newly designed cams and stem contribute up to a 20% weight savings per size
- Double-axle design continues to offer widest range possible in each size.
- .75 - Range 23.9-41.2mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 4.18oz (119g).
- Weighs 2.65oz to 1lb 4oz
- #2 - Range 37.2-64.9mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 5.47oz (155g).
- #6 - Range 114.1-195.0mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 1lb 4oz (557g).
- Oz, HoodWire and Neutrino Rackpacks available for easy racking (see Carabiner section)
- Large, textured thumb catch and trigger bar give slipfree placement and allow for independent cam manipulation
- .3 - Range 13.8-23.4mm. Strength 8kN (1798 lbf). Weight 2.65oz (75g).
- Black Diamond's best selling and most trusted camming device
- #5 - Range 85.4-148.5mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 13.4oz (380g).
- #3 - Range 50.7-87.9mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 7.09oz (201g).
- Super strong and easy to place in varying rock types
- #4 - Range 66.0-114.7mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 10.19oz (289g).
- Color-coded heads and slings for easy identification
- Significantly lighter weights, better flexibility, and smooth action make these new camming devices the best protection available
- .5 - Range 19.6-33.5mm. Strength 12kN (2698 lbf). Weight 3.49oz (99g).
- .4 - Range 15.5-26.7mm. Strength 10kN (2248 lbf). Weight 2.93oz (83g).
- C-loop continuous cable stem design is strong & durable
- #1 - Range 30.2-52.1mm. Strength 14kN (3147 lbf). Weight 4.80oz (136g).
- New patent-pending C-Loop stem uses a continuous cable, offering tremendous strength and flexibility
Widely considered to be THE cam, Black Diamond Camalots are strong and durable. The double-axle design allows a much wider range of placements than traditional single-axle cams. Like their predecessors, the original Camalots, the Camalot remains the most dependable camming devices available with the widest range in each size. The highest standards of quality in testing and manufacturing combined with real world climbing experience make Black Diamond’s Camalots; the most trusted and highest quality cams available.
The Camalot by Black Diamond are the most dependable camming devices available with the widest range in each size. Their patented double-axle design and patent-pending cable stem have created a range of placement and strength unequaled by any other camming device. The highest standards of quality in testing and manufacturing combined with real world climbing experience make Black Diamond’s Camalots the most trusted cams available.
Increasing your chances of grabbing a cam that fits, the Black Diamond Camalot's double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving our cams a much larger expansion range than single-axle units. Because loading forces are shared between both axles, this design has the strength to work as a full-strength cam stop, letting you use the cam as passive pro and adding security if the unit walks back into a wider part of a crack and umbrellas. This is the third generation of BD Camalots and they just keep getting better. They are 30% lighter than the originals. The cable loop trigger is easy to grab, and our slings are large enough to manipulate with gloves.
The gold standard for camming units, the Black Diamond C4 Camalot #4 double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. Lightweight, easy-to-grab cable loop and trigger, and slings large enough to manipulate with gloves. Range: 2.60 to 4.51 inches (66.0-114.7mm)
Weight: 9.80oz (278g).
Maximize on the versatility of your active pro with the reliable Black Diamond Camalot C4s that have a much larger expansion range because of their double-axle design that also provides additional loading strength. While you rely on their exceptional strength, you'll appreciate the lighter weight and easy to manipulate cable loop, trigger, and slings. Color coded for size identification makes grabbing the right cam fast and simple.
The gold standard for camming units, Black Diamond Camalots` double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. They are lightweight, the cable loop and trigger are easy to grab, and our patented slings are large enough to manipulate with gloves. Accept no substitutes.
• Strength: 14 kN, 3147 lbf (size 0.75-6)
• Range: 66.0-114.7 mm, 2.60-4.51 in (size 4)
• Weight: 289g.
• Sold Individually
Black Diamond - Camalot C4 Cams
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Black Diamond's new C4 cams offer the greatest opportunity for solid placements by utilizing a larger expansion range. A whole rack of C4s require one less piece, saving you a whole pound. (That's a lot.)