Black Diamond Camalot C4 #1 - When you're placing your next piece of safety gear; have peace of mind with your new secure cams from Black Diamond Equipment. With a new thin profile and secure heads on the Camalot C4 #1 you will be able to climb to the top without a second thought. Ensure your safety and protection with Black Diamond climbing gear.
- Single nylon stem design is less likely to walk after placement
- Nylon stem is rigid for easy placement
- Newly designed cams and stem contribute up to a 20% weight savings per size
- Double-axle design continues to offer widest range possible in each size
- Super strong and easy to place in varying rock types
- Large, textured thumb catch and trigger bar give slipfree placement and allow for independent cam manipulation
- Color-coded for easy identification
- Significantly lighter weights, better flexibility, and smooth action make these new camming devices the best protection available
The gold standard for camming units, the Camalots’ double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. Because loading forces are shared between both axles, this design has the strength to work as a full-strength cam stop, allowing the cam to function as passive pro if it walks back into a wider part of a crack and umbrellas. This is the third generation of BD Camalots and they just keep getting better—they are 30-percent lighter than the originals, the cable loop and trigger are easy to grab, and our slings are large enough to manipulate with gloves.
• Double-axle design offers widest range for each cam unit.
• C-Loop continuous cable stem design is strong and durable.
and wide range of sizes.
• Strength: 14 kN, 3147 lbf (size 0.75-6)
• Range: 30.2-52.1 mm, 1.19-2.05 in (size 1)
• Weight: 136g.
• Sold Individually
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Black Diamond's new C4 cams offer the greatest opportunity for solid placements by utilizing a larger expansion range. A whole rack of C4s require one less piece, saving you a whole pound. (That's a lot.)