Black Diamond Camalot C4 #2 - When you're placing your next piece of safety gear have peace of mind with your new secure cams from Black Diamond Equipment. With a new thin profile and secure heads on the Camalot C4 #2 you will be able to climb to the top without a second thought. Ensure your safety and protection with Black Diamond climbing gear.
- Single nylon stem design is less likely to walk after placement
- Nylon stem is rigid for easy placement
- Double-axle design continues to offer widest range possible in each size.
- Newly designed cams and stem contribute up to a 20% weight savings per size
- Large, textured thumb catch and trigger bar give slipfree placement and allow for independent cam manipulation
- Super strong and easy to place in varying rock types
- Significantly lighter weights, better flexibility, and smooth action make these new camming devices the best protection available
- New patent-pending C-Loop stem uses a continuous cable, offering tremendous strength and flexibility
- Color-coded for easy identification
The gold standard for camming units, the Black Diamond C4 Camalot #2 double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. Lightweight, easy-to-grab cable loop and trigger, and slings large enough to manipulate with gloves. Range: 1.46 to 2.55 inches (37.2-64.9mm)
Weight: 5.57oz (158g).
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Black Diamond's new C4 cams offer the greatest opportunity for solid placements by utilizing a larger expansion range. A whole rack of C4s require one less piece, saving you a whole pound. (That's a lot.)
"Our tester says 'I don't- actually, won't- leave ground without 'em.' " - Men's Health Gear Fall 2005
The gold standard for camming units, the Camalots’ double-axle design allows retraction of larger cam lobes, giving them a much larger expansion range than traditional single-axle units. Because loading forces are shared between both axles, this design has the strength to work as a full-strength cam stop, allowing the cam to function as passive pro if it walks back into a wider part of a crack and umbrellas. This is the third generation of BD Camalots and they just keep getting better—they are 30-percent lighter than the originals, the cable loop and trigger are easy to grab, and our slings are large enough to manipulate with gloves.
• Double-axle design offers widest range for each cam unit.
• C-Loop continuous cable stem design is strong and durable.
and wide range of sizes.
• Strength: 14 kN, 3147 lbf (size 0.75-6)
• Range: 37.2-64.9 mm, 1.46-2.55 in (size 2)
• Weight: 155g.
• Sold Individually