Black Diamond Cobra Ice Adze at SunnySports -
Black Diamond Cobra Ice Adze Features.
Black Diamond Cobra Ice Adze.
Trekking hard ice leads and bold alpine routes with the Black Diamond Cobra Ice Adze. Modularly designed, it features a stainless steel weight in head for damp and accurate strikes. The head includes a CEB-B certified Laser Pick with a thin nose and low-volume tip that displaces minimal ice. The patented, CEN-T certified, lightweight carbon fiber shaft has the greatest clearance of any Black Diamond tool. It provides precise swings and doesn't chill your hand. It also features a Cobra Strike for an easier matching and choking up, and a Cobra Fang for hand support and finger protection. The best blend of durability and performance, the Black Diamond Cobra Ice Adze is the ultimate all-around carbon fiber tool and a sure staple in providing a safe and convenient climbing experience.
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
Support and Cushioning:
- Includes the Cobra/Viper Fang and Strike to protect and support hands while leashless climbing
- A Cobra Fang is also included in the shaft for hand support and finger protection
Weather and Wind:
- Rubberized and ergonomically curved rubber handle offers a secure and comfortable grip, even when cold and wet
- Patented and CEN-T certified, the Shaft is made of lightweight carbon fiber to ensure precise swings
- Made with a Chromoly steel pick, it provides a safe and convenient climbing experience when trekking through ice and alpine routes
- Head made of stainless steel, pick made of chromoly steel
- Removable upper and lower pommels
- Shaft is balanced with weight in head for damp, accurate strikes with little rebound and vibration as the pick enters the ice
- Refinements include increased clearance, reduced weight and improved stiffness, making it evermore versatile
- The shaft includes a Cobra Strike for an easier matching and choking up while climbing
- Laser Pick, Cobra Strike and Fang included, modular head design
- Laser pick has a thin taper and low-volume tip that penetrates easily, with little displacement of ice
- Pick is CEN-B
- Carbon fiber shaft is lightweight yet strong, and bent to provide a natural, solid swing; shaft has the greatest clearance of any Black Diamond tool
- Modular head design allows pick and adze to be removed and replaced
- This adze features a stainless steel weight in head that is modularly designed for damp and accurate strikes
- Adze chops and cleans steps and anchor placements
The Cobra from Black Diamond is the ultimate carbon fiber tool for leashless mixed, ice and alpine climbing. This ice tool provides unparalleled performance on everything from the local frozen waterfall to the large north faces in Alaska. The Cobra features a lightweight shaft that provides precise, technical swings and plenty of clearance on those ice bulges.
Oregon Mountain Community
The ultimate carbon fiber tool for leashless mixed, ice and alpine climbing, the Black Diamond Cobra provides unparalleled performance from the crags to the Karakoram. The Cobra features a lightweight shaft that provides precise, technical swings and offers the most clearance of any BD tools, all without sacrificing balance or axis of rotation.
Switch seamlessly from mixed climbing to alpine ventures with the redesigned Black Diamond Cobra adze ice tool.