Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Poles -
Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Poles are Black Diamond trekking poles that feature not only the fast and functional Z-Pole technology but also FlickLock adjustability.
Black Diamond Z Poles feature speed cone deployment, which secures like an avalanche probe so the trekking pole assembles and breaks down in a flash.
A sturdy 3-piece aluminum shaft is versatile, light and extremely stable.
20 centimeters of adjustabily provided by the FlickLock at the pole's top lets you cater your pole length to the terrain.
Lightweight EVA grip has a mini extension for choking up on steep slopes.
Breathable, moisture-wicking hand strap won't weigh you down.
Interchangeable non-marking rubber and carbide tips for a variety of terrain, with a stow bag.
Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folded sections.
Black Diamond Distance FL trekking pole is the mid-level Black Diamond Z-Pole model, for hikers who need versatile, adjustable and light trekking poles.
Support and Cushioning:
- Innovative folding Z-Pole system offers simple, compact and reliable support with a concealed inner cord, single push-button release and speed cone deployment
Weather and Wind:
- Pole baskets feature shaft catchers to secure pole sections when folded; note: baskets are fixed in place and cannot be switched out for snow or powder baskets
- Inspired by snow probes, speed cones at the end of each pole section ensure strength, stability and superfast deployment; each speed cone guides a pole section into place
- Z-Pole technology allows the poles to have an extremely short pack length and makes them very compact.
- Available in two different adjustable lengths
- Single FlickLock® mechanism near the grip of each pole offers 8 in. of adjustable length
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking strap with "soft-to-the-touch" strap lining for added comfort.
- Right- and left-hand-specific straps are light, breathable and moisture-wicking; they feature breathable cut-out windows and easy rip-and-stick adjustability
Traction and Grip:
- Quick pull on the grip and the first pole section snaps and locks the 3 pole sections into place; flexible tube ends protect the Kevlar® center cord when folded
- Light, non-slip EVA foam grips feature foam extensions that allow poles to be held lower on the shaft, a convenience for your short side during hill traverses
- The FlickLock offers simple, easy pole adjustment. To adjust the pole you "flick" the lock open with your finger, slide the section to where you want it and press the lock closed for solid and sure adjustments.
- Aluminum shafts are superlight and durable
- Sold in pairs
- FlickLock Pro is 20% smaller and 30% easier to open than its predecessor and offers twice the holding force
- FlickLock Pro external locking mechanisms
- Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Pole trekking poles come with interchangeable, nonmarking rubber tips, carbide tips and a stow bag
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment and FlickLock Pro adjustability
- Easily replace and solidly secure pole tips with WaveLock™ tip connections
The Black Diamond Women's Distance FL was built with the Ultalite female hiker/backpacker in mind. Built with durable lightweight aluminum and featuring their compactable FlickLock® Pro adjustability, the Black Diamond Women's Distance FL defines versatile support. Ideal for everything from backpacking to short day hikes, the Women's Distance FL's 20 cm (8") of adjustability lets you tweak the length of the pole for side-hilling and changing inclines. The speed cone deployment uses a coated inner Kevlar cord and conical shaft ends for quick and strong alignment. You simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each speed cone guides a shaft section into place and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. They also have a lightweight EVA foam grip with mini extension for quick choke-ups on steep inclines. The adjustable Padded Wrist Straps have a "soft-to-the-touch" strap lining for added comfort. They feature Interchangeable Tech Tips with WaveLock technology to easily switch from Rubber or Carbide tips depending on the terrain you are hiking on.
The women's Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Poles build on the success of Black Diamond's Z-Pole trekking poles.
The light and strong 3-segment foldable shaft makes these way more packable than other trekking poles.
A FlickLock segment lets you adjust the height to your needs.
Comes with interchangeable rubber tech and carbide tech tips for whatever terrain you're on.
The stopper basket is just big enough to keep your pole from getting snagged without getting in the way, and has a catch to hold the poles together when folded.
Lightweight, women's specific EVA foam grips and plush-lined, moisture wicking straps keep your hands comfortable.
A non-slip foam mini-grip extension lets you grab the pole lower for side-hill hiking.
These are some of the best all around trekking poles on the market, now in a women's specific version.
Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Poles are built with durable, lightweight aluminum and feature compactible Z-Pole technology and FlickLock Pro adjustability. They are versatile and ideal for everything from short day hikes to week-long backpacking trips. The Distance FL's 20 cm of adjustability lets you tweak the length (especially nice for sidehilling or for use with a tarp shelter). Employing a coated inner cord and conical shaft ends, the speed cone deployment provides quick and rigid alignment in seconds. A lightweight EVA grip is complemented by a mini-extension for choke-ups on steep inclines and interchangeable tips for variable trail surfaces.
Built with durable lightweight aluminum and featuring both their compactable and FlickLock® adjustability, the Black Diamond Distance FL defines versatile support. Ideal for everything from backpacking to short day hikes, the Distance FL's 20 cm of adjustability lets you tweak the length for sidehilling and changing inclines. Much like their avalanche probes, their speed cone deployment employs a coated inner Kevlar cord and conical shaft ends for quick and strong alignment. You simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each speed cone guides a shaft section into place and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. They also have a lightweight EVA grip with mini extension for quick choke-ups on steep inclines and interchangeable tips for variable trail surfaces.
The Black Diamond Distance FL Trekking Poles are perfect for hiking, backpacking and endurance running. They are compactable three-section Z-poles for easy carrying, and they also have 20 cm of FlickLock adjustability. The Z-pole design features an internal cable and speed cones so that the poles can be fully extended in just a few seconds. They have a stopper basket to secure the pole sections when folded. These poles are specifically sized for women and have comfortable foam grips. The straps have a plush lining for superior comfort.
Backcountry Edge (2013)
Updated for 2013! Ideal for ounce-counting hikers and backpackers, versatile Black Diamond Women’s Distance FL Z-Poles offer streamlined, adjustable performance. Innovative construction enables Women’s Distance FL Z-Poles to collapse down smaller and weigh far less than traditional aluminum trekking poles.
O2GearShop.com (Spring 2012)
Built with durable lightweight aluminum and featuring both our compactable Z-Pole technology and FlickLock®adjustability, the Black Diamond Distance FL defines on-trail versatility. Ideal for everything from backpacking to short day hikes, the Distance FL's 20 cm of adjustability let you tweak the length for sidehilling or for use with a tarp shelter. Much like our avalanche probes, our speed cone deployment employs a coated inner cord and conical shaft ends for quick and rigid alignment. We also included a lightweight EVA grip with mini extension for quick choke-ups on steep inclines and interchangeable tips for variable trail surfaces.
Rack up the miles with the Distance FL trekking pole from Black Diamond. This lightweight pole provides 20 cm of adjustment with Black Diamond’s easy to use Z-Pole Technology that uses a segmented design with an interior cord to collapse and deploy the pole with the push of a button and pull of a cord. Comes with interchangeable tips for varying trail surfaces.
Whoa - lace up your hiking shoes, slide into your favorite pack, grab your new hiking poles and get after it. Black Diamond Equipment has been a leader for progressive outdoor equipment since the beginning of time. This year they want you to be light weight, agile, and covering great distances with ease while utilizing the new Distance FL - Z Pole trekking poles.
The Black Diamond Distance FL Z-Pole trekking poles for women combine a revolutionary folding design with FlickLock Pro adjustability, offering support for backpacking and stream crossings.
Specifications for suggested height range are as follows: