Black Diamond 16cm Express Ice Screw - For the easiest and fastest placing ice climbing screws on the planet trust Black Diamond's 16cm Express Ice Screws. When you have a full day on the ice you will soon come to favor the advanced tooth geometry, larger crank knobs, and stainless steel hangers with two clipping points. The Express Ice Screws from Black Diamond Equipment will become your total protection for your next winter mountaineering project.
- Advanced tooth geometry for easier starting and faster placement
- 10 kN strength
- Needle-like teeth grab and cut even the hardest, coldest ice
- Patented taper helps screw turn more easily
- Stainless steel hangers with two clip points
- Retractable knob offers the ultimate in placing speed with uninterrupted 360-degree motion
- CE certified, patented
The easiest and fastest placing ice screws on the planet, the Express screws feature a tapered tube where the teeth cut a hole just larger than the tube itself, for less friction placements.
• Available in 5 lengths, color-coded for quick indexing.
• Weight: 134 g, 4.7 oz.
• Strength: 10 kN, 2248 lbf.
Hanger: Stainless steel.
• Length: 16 cm
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
The Turbo Express is Black Diamond's fastest placing screw-in desperate situations, every second counts. Quick to bite and easy to crank in.