Black Diamond Factor 130 Boot -
The Black Diamond Factor Ski Boot is the burliest of Black Diamond AT ski boots, and the ultimate combination of alpine boot stiffness and alpine touring light weight.
Looking for the newest model and a full run of sizes? Check out the Black Diamond Factor 130.
Built ultra stiff for the biggest lines and hardest chargers around.
The Factor is made to excel in any condition, from hardpacked chutes to deep powder bowls, and take you from the resort to the deepest backcountry.
Winner of Backcountry Magazine's Editor's Choice Award in 2009 and 2010 and Powder Magazine's Skier's Choice Award in 2009 and 2010, you can trust this boot's been tested and proven to perform.
Triax Pro Frame with a Flex 130 rating provides the maximum lateral power transfer required to drive today's fatter skis, and offers a progressive alpine-like flex.
Power Fit Liner uses proprietary, engineered foam for minimal compaction and a long-lasting performance fit, and is thermoformable by your local ski shop.
Anti-microbial liner treatment fights bacteria build-up.
Performance footbed and multi-density internal Achilles pad insert.
Boa lacing system is ultra secure, and adjusts with the turn of a dial.
Extra-wide power strap and 4 micro-adjustable buckles.
Overlap cuff design produces flex and ankle articulation to drive skis and absorb terrain.
Ski/walk mode lever flips to give you 20 degrees of resistance-free motion on the skin track, boot pack or parking lot slog.
Nonslip soles with Alpine Sole Blocks included.
Compatible with Black Diamond AT Sole Blocks.
PACKAGE DISCOUNT PRICING available, see Specs tab for full details.
Black Diamond AT ski boots don't come more burly than the Factor; these are the boots for true powder hounds.
- Pebax construction retains performance in varying temps; ISO alpine DIN sole blocks standard
Lining and Layers:
- The stiffest freeride boot in the Black Diamond line, with Flex-130 rated Triax-Pro Frame
- Four-buckle closure with power strap for performance fit
- New thermoformable Power Fit Liner features a 3:1 Freeride Series Boa closure system, aerogel-insulated strobel base and articulating zones for touring comfort
- Thermoformable high-performance footbed and Power Fit Liner ensure a custom fit for your foot
- Triax Pro Frame with Flex 130 and 20 degrees of resistance-free touring motion
- New plastic liner tongue for a smooth, evenly distributed flex, plus an extra-wide power strap
- Stiffer and more powerful than the Factor 110
- This boot is compatible with alpine touring bindings
- Equipped with BD Alpine Sole Blocks and compatible with BD AT Sole Blocks with integrated tech inserts (sold separately)
- Ski/walk mechanism is adjustable for different degrees of flexion
- 102 mm V-shaped last
- Boa liner-tightening system is lightweight, is easy to use with gloves on, and can be adjusted even with the boots on
- Black Diamond recommends this boot for its Megawatt, Zealot, and Verdict skis
The Black Diamond Factor Ski Boot brings full alpine ski boot to a touring model, perfect for charging the biggest lines - then hiking back up.
130 flex rating for stiff, progressive flex and great feel at high speeds and hard conditions.
Triax Pro frame technology allows progressive, stiff forward flex, minimal lateral flex for stability, and opens up in tour mode for great stride.
Power Boa lacing on the liner gives a snug, custom fit.
Articulated zones in the Power Fit liner give better touring performance.
Aerogel insulated and foil lined bases in the liner keep your feet warm standing on snow.
102 mm last for performance fit out of the box.
New two way stretch outer fabric makes the liners easier to thermoform.
Comes with Alpine Sole Blocks for compatibility with alpine bindings - add AT sole blocks for Dynafit compatibility and aggressive rubber traction.
Four Buckles and a power strap let you crank these down for a no-wiggle fit.
Looking for a deal? We have a few of last year's model in stock: Black Diamond Factor.
The Black Diamond Factor is a no-compromise touring boot with all the downhill performance of an alpine boot, and the walking ability of an alpine touring boot.
Black Diamond Factor 130 Boot: In 2008, Black Diamond started a revolution in skiing by introducing the Factor, a freeride-inspired alpine boot with a walk mode. That innovation continues in 2011 with the new Factor 130. Now with a completely new liner, this powerful boot is warmer, stiffer and better fitting than its predecessor. For hard chargers who simply need one boot to do it all, this Flex 130 boot continues its tradition of no-boundaries, no-compromise skiing performance. It includes BD Alpine Sole Blocks, and is compatible with BD AT Sole Blocks with integrated tech inserts (sold separately).
For skiers who want a hard charger to do it all, Black Diamond has the Factor 130. This boot is now warmer, stiffer and better fitting than previous models and includes Black Diamond Sole Blocks and is compatible with AT sole blocks, sold separately.
Grab the same pair of boots every time you switch between AT and alpine skiing with Black Diamond's super- stiff Factor 130 Alpine Touring boot which gives you the maximum torsional rigidity and stiffness you need on the downhill with the all-mountain access you expect from a backcountry boot. Expect a perfect fit with Power Fit Liner: aerogel-insulated strobel base, articulating zones, and 3:1 Freeride Series BOA closure system.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
The Black Diamond Factor is built for the hardest of hard chargers, who run it wide open on blower pow, send 30-footers to hardpack and pull 60 mph straight lines - skiers with tight pants or skinny skis need not apply.