Black Diamond Fritschi Diamir Freeride Pro Ski Bindings -
Fritschi set a collision course between alpine touring and freeriding when it released the powerful Diamir Freeride Pro Binding upon the ski industry. This touring binding accommodates a ski with a waist up to 120mm wide, and it flexes the lateral stiffness and robust build needed to keep up with such as ski. As fast up the hill as it is competent during burly, technical descents, the Freeride Pro will soon be the choice of seasoned vets and burgeoning powder addicts on a mission to explore far beyond the resort.
- Made in Switzerland
- Swivel anti-friction plate allows for consistent and friction-free sliding of the toe of the boot in the binding (important for touring and freeride boots with rubber soles)
- Four-level heel elevator offers a range from 3 to 13°
- Gliding Technology provides a more efficient pivot point
- Easily switch between downhill and touring modes without stepping out of the binding with the flick of a ski pole
- PTC (power transmission control) offers superior power transmission to the ski by using wide and torsion-resistant front and rear binding plates, a lateral stabilizer beneath the heel, and a stabilizing bridge shape between the heel and toe
- Binding accommodates skis with waist measurement of 80mm+ and DIN ISO compatible touring and alpine ski boots
- Power Transmission Control Technology provides improved torsional rigidity and edge hold
- Adjustable toe height accommodates most alpine ski boots
- Change from walk to ski mode without leaving your bindings by simply flipping a switch with the end of your ski pole
- The Gliding Technology helps skis flex naturally and tour easier
- Heel elevator is easy to flip up with your ski pole and offers four angles of inclination from three degrees to thirteen degrees
- US shipments only
- Heel piece allows for 13mm of vertical movement before releasing the boot from the binding, which also drastically reduces the opportunity for premature ejection
- Included XL brake accommodates ski waists up to 120mm
- Sliding binding-bar linkage allows the ski to flex naturally underneath the boot and between the mounting points of the binding
- Max DIN 12, and DIN certified for both AT and alpine boot soles
- Both toe and heel feature a mechanism with a high restoring force so the toe and heel of the boot are returned to alignment quickly in the event of lateral or vertical movement shy of the maximum release point
- Once mounted, binding has a position height of 39mm from the top edge of the ski
- Free-gliding heel bar with integrated lock prevents accidental release into tour mode
Sierra Trading Post
Black Diamond Equipment's Fritschi Diamir Freeride Pro ski bindings define versatility. They boast the power transmission of an alpine binding and facilitate a smooth, natural stride for touring convenience. The XL brake accommodates ski waist sizes up to 120mm.
Berg's Ski Shop
With the performance and convenience of an alpine binding plus a first-rate touring mode, the Fritschi Diamir Freeride Pro is designed to transmit maximum power to skis for exceptional downhill control. Today's skis are evolving even more audaciously. They are not only ultra-wide and cleverly waisted but they are also consistently gain in torsional rigidity. Despite their impressive width and stability, even true freeride skis are no heavyweights. Thanks to new materials and production methods, the wight can be minimized. Naturally, this revolutionizes the downhill feeling, but only if the binding can keep up.
Oregon Mountain Community
Inbounds or out, the Fritschi Diamir Freeride Pro AT bindings provide a larger platform and improved power to drive wide-bodied skis. The Power Transmission Control (PTC) technology has a wide footprint and toepiece hinge that that transmit energy to ski edges more effectively. Fritschi's new Gliding Technology eases your climb by eliminating that hinge-like, tiptoe feeling. The switch from walk to ski mode is done with the flick of a ski pole tip and the binding release in touring mode. A good thing in avalanche terrain!