Black Diamond #8 Stopper -
Time-tested passive protection, Stoppers are a direct link to the original chocks that started the clean climbing revolution. Black Diamond Wired Stopper #8 is an essential for every trad rack, designed to permit sideways placements in flares and shallow seams. Equipped with a durable, galvanized steel cable.
- Anodized (colored) by size for quick identification
- 7075 aluminum alloy is durable yet has plenty of bite to stay put
- Transverse taper increases surface-area contact to provide best placements in nonparallel cracks
- Classic design is light, strong, and easy to use.
- Rounded corners allow easy removal
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
Passive rock protection with three-point contact, wired stoppers are the classic solution for bottlenecks, shallow seams, and tapering cracks.
Time-tested passive pro—a direct link to the original chocks that started the clean climbing revolution.
• Durable aluminum heads and steel cables.
• Transverse taper is versatile in flares, constrictions and parallel cracks.
• Rounded edges for easy cleaning (smaller sizes are straight for better surface contact)
• Weight : 37g.
• Dimensions : 13.5/18.3 mm, 0.53/0.72 in.
• Strength : 10 kN, 2248 lb. ft.