Black Diamond Viper Ice Axe -
Black Diamond Viper Ice Adze Features.
Black Diamond Viper Ice Adze.
Enjoy climbing at its most extreme with the Black Diamond Viper Ice Adze. The Black Diamond Viper Ice Adze is a technical, all-terrain tool that is ideal as a daily driver for ice and alpine climbing. It is equipped with cutting-edge features that will have you swinging into ice with such an amazing ease. It features an incredibly stiff and light hydroformed shaft that reduces weight, all while maintaining excellent clearance and balance. It is also equipped with Viper Fang and Strike that cradle your hand while climbing without a leash. Another great feature is the Chromoly-steel laser pick with a thin taper and low-volume tip that enables easy penetration with a low displacement of ice. Moreover, the stainless-steel head and 7075 aluminum shaft work hand in hand to deliver durable power on ice and mixed routes, as well as ensure superb balance. A Thermoplastic urethane grip, on the other hand, ensures a strong grip while you re wearing gloves. A must-have tool for mixed climbing, waterfall ice, and drytool classics, this always gets the job done.
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
Traction and Grip:
- Thermoplastic urethane grip provides a sure hold while wearing gloves
- Equipped with lower tool attachments, Fang and Strike, to cradle your hands for precise gripping when going leashless
- Head made of stainless steel, pick made of chromoly steel
- Removable upper and lower pommels
- Extremely lightweight
- Optional integrated Android Leash
- Laser pick, Viper Strike and Fang included, modular head design
- Chromoly-steel laser pick has a thin taper and low-volume tip that penetrates easily with a low displacement of ice
- Scoop-shape adze chops and cleans steps and anchor placements
- Superb balance creates a natural swing for placements with excellent purchase
- Works with or without leashes (note: leash is sold separately)
- Pick is CEN-B
- Includes Laser Pick, thinnest precision ice pick designed for pure ice
- A great tool for mixed climbing, waterfall ice and drytool classics
- Hydroformed shaft for clearance, weight savings and strength
- Shaft CEN-T certified, patented
- Adze version
- Stainless-steel head and 7075 aluminum shaft combine for lightweight but durable power on ice and mixed routes
- 7075 aluminum shaft measures 50 cm
- Equipped with Viper Fang and Strike to cradle your hands while climbing leashless; Strike allows you to match hands or choke up while climbing
- New hydroformed shaft is stiffer and lighter than the previous model, yet it still maintains excellent clearance
- Hydroforming uses pressurized water to expand the Viper's shaft into a unique shape that is exceptionally stiff and light
Black Diamond Viper Hammer What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has grown into a global company with offices on two continents that's not just for rock climbers, but one that stands for the spirit of the sports we live, their values and goals, past, present and future. Since 1957, our innovative gear designs have set the standards in numerous areas. This is partly the result of dedication, desire and diligence on the part of an incredible team of people. It's also the result of each of us being climbers and skiers ourselves. We're a company of users—it's who we are. We're the greatest dreamers about what could be, and the harshest of critics about what exists and because of this—the creation of Black Diamond is a process which will never end.
Oregon Mountain Community
A technical, all-terrain tool, the Black Diamond Viper makes the perfect daily driver for ice and alpine climbing. The Viper is built with a hydroformed shaft to increase stiffness and reduce weight, while maintaining exceptional clearance and balance.
The evolution of the Black Diamond Viper adze ice tool continues with key updates that keep you swinging into ice with ease.