Black Diamond Wired Hexentric Set -
Description of Black Diamond Wired Hexentric Set Anodized Wired Hexes are also sold in a convenient set, which includes #4 to #10 with an OvalWire biner.
- Read all directions and safety material before use.**
- Multiple angles of placement give a size range comparable to regular cams.
- 081 x 1.10 in (20.6 x 27.9 mm) - #4
- Durable, galvanized steel cables
- Lightweight, durable and easy to use and clean.
- Hex design offers multiple placement options.
- 6061 T-6 aluminum with swaged cables
- Asymmetrical cross-section
- 1.85 x 2.51 in (47 x 63.7 mm) - #9
- 1.07 x 1.54 in (27.2 x 39.1 mm) - #6
- Excel in dirty cracks and wet conditions.
- Includes oval carabiner
- 1.30 x 1.80 in (33 x 45.7 mm) - #7
- #10 Hex 2.19/2.96" (55.6/75.2 mm); 10 kN (2248 lbf); 164 g (5.78 oz)
- Perfect for alpine routes or anytime weight is an issue.
- 2.19 x 2.96 in (55.6 x 75.2 mm) - #10
- Flat sides
- As low as 1/5 the weight (and price) of spring loaded camming units.
- Wide range of placements in all conditions of climbing
- Slight end-wise taper
Light and functional, these guys are good at what they do! Since their introduction in 1971, the classic Hexentric® design has retained its relevance as an inexpensive, versatile and lightweight form of protection. Wired Hexes rack easier than their cord slung cousins, and are easy to place in even the most bottle necked of placements. This Set contains sizes 4-10.
Oregon Mountain Community
Classic functional pro, Black Diamond Wired Hexes No. 4-10 racked on an Oval Wire carabiner shine in rapidly widening cracks where cams might walk out. With a subtly asymmetrical cross-section, flat sides and slight end-wise taper, they offer three different widths when turned on their axes and another when placed end-wise.