Blackmagic Design DaVinci Revival Film Restoration Software -
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Revival is a Linux-based software package that allows manual restoration and repair of film originated video files in SD, HD and data up to 4K. Interactive tools aid in removing problems such as film grain, dust, dirt and scratches, kill flicker, fix registration and weave problems, frame reconstruction and repair warping from film splices. Using the Manual mode, you can work on individual frames in the region of interest.
For restoration work involving a large amount of film, you can use the automatic modes to handle all the frames. Automatic film grain reduction uses spatial blending and patch size to remove grain. DaVinci Revival works independently on each color channel in either RGB or YUV, thus allowing for luminance, full color processing, even sample and grain adjustments. You can set the noise level and correction range to eliminate grain, noise and additional electronic noise that is introduced during film scanning.
DaVinci Revival can be used for quick repair of film dirt, dust speckles, scratches and video dropouts. Its interactive dirt and dust removal tool offers region of interest reconstruction and repair with temporal, spatial and median filters. It allows processing of moving images while removing dust and dirt. For higher accuracy, you can manually touch up dust spots using the Reveal Brush, Offset Clone Brush, or luminance densities. In addition to repairing 10 scratches at once, it also allows you to track scratches.
Films stored in humid conditions often get stained due to growth of bacteria, mold and fungus that damage the film emulsion. Using DaVinci Revival's De-Stain tool you can fix such damaged films with just one click. By mapping and balancing out luminance flicker across frames, the De-Flicker tool removes all unevenness in the film. The software can be used to fix problems such as bad telecine transfers, HMI lights, airport X-ray damage and other post production errors.
DaVinci Revival's De-Flicker tool can be used to smooth out the variations in videos shot using stop motion. Jumps and warps in the film occur due to problems in film sprockets, film shrinkage, or due to bad splices. For restoring such errors, DaVinci Revival has De-Warp and automatic splice repair tools. Be it critical shots or archival footage of historical events, the tools work on thousands of damaged frames, de-warping and removing splices in minimum time.
With the DaVinci Revival Stabilization, you can set the zoom, crop, horizontal position, vertical position and rotation of the processing aggression level in order to stabilize film weave and improve the quality of film footage. Its stabilization of individual color channels prevents RGB registration issues. For working through a large amount of footage, the DaVinci Revival provides network rendering with multiple computers for unlimited speed.
The software can be used for quick grain reduction of the entire footage and if required dust and sparkles removal too. On an 8 core computer, the Standard Definition can approach real time, while on a 16 core system the 2K RGB can work at 8 frames per second. You can increase the speed by adding more computers. DaVinci Revival works on standard DPX files and can also connect directly to a required network or SAN storage. By integrating all your media files, the software helps in media management. In addition to removing 3:2 pull down from clips, it also has automatic scene detection that is 5 times faster than real time.
- Interactive tools to remove problems such as film grain, dust, dirt and scratches, kill flicker, fix registration and weave problems, frame reconstruction and repair warping from film splices
- Can work on thousands of damaged frames, de-warping and removing splices in minimum time
- Manual mode - for working on individual frames in the region of interest
- On an 8 core computer the Standard Definition can approach real time, while on a 16 core system the 2K RGB can work at 8 frames per second
- Automatic mode - for handling all the frames together, used for restoration of a large amount of film
- Automatic Film Grain & Noise Reduction: Uses spatial blending and patch size to remove grain, Set noise level and correction range to eliminate grain and noise, Removes electronic noise that is introduced during film scanning
- For high accuracy - manually touch up using the Reveal Brush, Offset Clone Brush, or luminance densities
- Repairs 10 scratches at once and allows you to track scratches
- Increase speed - by adding more computers
- Works independently on each color channel in either RGB or YUV, Settings - luminance, full color processing, even sample and add grain
- Linux-based software tool for manual restoration and repair of film video files in SD, HD and data up to 4K