Boreas Buttermilks 55 Pack -
The Boreas Buttermilks 55 backpack is simple, straightforward and light on your back - perfect for backpackers who don't need extra bells and whistles.
Winner of 2012 Backpacker Magazine's Editor's Choice Award.
One main top loading compartment can swallow multiple days of gear and food without any extra zippers or compartments to add weight or complication.
A stretchy kangaroo pocket on the outside is perfect for a tent, tarp, or wet rain gear you want to keep separate.
A small zippered pocket at the top securely holds essential items and keeps them easy to access.
Large hipbelt pockets are perfect for carrying snacks, a camera and other stuff you want to be able to grab on the go.
A Z foam back panel and hipbelt, both covered in mesh, breathe incredibly well to keep you cool while you're walking down the trail.
A removable frame sheet is ergonomically designed to match the curvature of your back for all-day comfort and excellent load transfer from shoulders to hips.
Ergonomic shoulder straps have highly breathable areas on top of the shoulders.
Two compression straps on each side of this Boreas pack keep your pack taught so it doesn't swing or bounce as you hike, and open up to lash extra gear to the outside.
Innovative hidden daisy chains down the back and on the shoulder straps stay tucked away until you need to fasten things down.
Large water bottle pockets swallow 1-liter bottles and let you grab your bottles without taking the pack off.
Hydration reservoir-compatible for hands-free drinking.
Comes with a pack cover to keep the rain off when the sky opens up.
Tough, silicone-impregnated fabric is designed to last while still being light weight.
Top can either be used as a cinch-style closure for quick access, or as a roll-top to better keep the elements out.
Named for the Buttermilk region of the Eastern Sierra.
From the quick overnight trip to ultralight multi-day thru-hikes and even hauling climbing gear to the crag, this Boreas backpack is a versatile performer.
- Full-length front stretch pocket, 2 side stretch pockets and 2 hipbelt pockets let you organize and easily access gear, clothing, water bottles and snacks
- Light, no-nonsense hipbelt and shoulder straps with sternum strap are made with resilient foam that maintains its volume and helps distribute pressure evenly
- The Boreas Buttermilks 55 pack features tuck-away daisy chains, raincover, hidden gear loops on the shoulder straps and hydration compatability (reservoir sold separately)
- Simple Clean design with daisy chains that tuck away when you don’t need them
- Clean, uncluttered pack body features a lightweight polyurethane rib cage design that adds structure
- BACKPACKER 2012 Editors’ Choice Award winner! The April issue states, “Get everything you need and nothing you don’t in one of these ultralight, ultracomfortable packs.”
- Simple, zigzag foam back panel and removable framesheet are shaped to match the curve of your back and pump fresh air through the channels as you walk
- Compressing foam allows air to flow across your back as you move
The Boreas Buttermilk 55 is a pack designed for those who want to move fast and light, without being bogged down by weight. This pack weighs in at 3lbs 1 oz and can be stripped down to 2lbs 7oz. This pack is top-loading with a roll-down closure and has a top compression strap and two compression straps on each side. The material is ultralight, silicone impregnated, 140D ripstop nylon, for lightweight waterproofing. The z-foam backpanel and removable framesheet provide lightweight stability and the backpanel moves dynamically to pump air across your back. For lightweight trekking without the bells and whistles, the Buttermilk pack has it all.
The Boreas Buttermilks 55 Pack is light and uncomplicated with a z-foam back panel and a removable frame sheet that is shaped to match the curve of your back. The super-light 140D ripstop nylon pack fabric is impregnated with silicone for waterproof strength that won't wear out or rub off over time.
REI (2013) (closeout)
The Boreas Buttermilks 55 pack offers an ultralight and adaptable solution for fast-moving, multiday trips. If you think it's crazy to lug heavy things around the woods, this may be the pack for you!