Boreas Lost Coast 45 Pack -
The Boreas Lost Coast 45 is a lightweight backpacking backpack with comfortable suspension and a streamlined design.
Lost Coasts are simple, comfortable packs for people who care about weight but are not crazy enough to cut the handles off their toothbrushes.
Simple Comfort: Packs don't have to be complicated to be comfortable. The z-foam back panel and removable frame sheet are shaped to match the curve of your back. Nothing fancy. (Just lots and lots of prototypes)
Cool It: Poke the z-foam on the back panel (don't worry, it's tough stuff) and you'll see it springs back. That compression/ reaction motion happens as you hike, pumping air through to keep your back cool.
Material World: Boreas Gear's lightweight 210D ripstop nylon pack body fabric is impregnated with silicone for waterproof strength that won't wear out or rub off over time. The heavier 420D nylon used for the pack bottom.
Foam Sweet Foam: More foam does not equal more comfort. Super-plush belts and straps look comfy in the store but flatten out under pressure. Comfort happens when pressure is distributed evenly through good design and foam resilient enough to maintain volume under load.
Keep it Clean: There was a time when packs were judged by how many zippers, buckles and straps they had. We're glad those days are over so we can concentrate on better ideas like daisy chains that tuck away when you don't need them.
The Lost Coast 45 is simple: comfortable and lightweight, all of what you need and none of what you don't.
Support and Cushioning:
- Die-cut PE frame sheet offers lightweight support and can easily be removed for a more minimalist pack
- Two side stretch pockets and two zippered hipbelt pockets provide easy, quick-access storage for water bottles and snacks
- Light, no-nonsense hipbelt and shoulder straps with sternum strap are made with resilient foam that keeps its volume and helps distribute pressure evenly
- Full-length front stretch pocket, 2 side stretch pockets and 2 hipbelt pockets let you organize and easily access gear, clothing, water bottles and snacks
- Weighs only 2 lb. 2 oz. with frame sheet and top lid removed
Weather and Wind:
- Includes a pack cover to protect your pack from rain and mud in wet weather
- Molded EVA z-foam backpanel pumps air behind you as you walk to help keep you cooler, drier, and more comfortable
- Streamlined pack body features a light polyurethane rib cage design that adds structure; removable top lid features a zippered pocket and helps fend off precipitation
- Applied PU ribcage construction on the pack body provides lightweight structure
Lining and Layers:
- Full-face front stretch pocket is the perfect place to stashing a jacket or extra layers for easy access later
- The Boreas Lost Coast 45 pack features tuck-away daisy chains, raincover, hidden gear loops on the shoulder straps and hydration compatability (reservoir sold separately)
- Load lifter straps on the shoulder straps offer fine-tuned load distribution
- Dual daisy chains (that tuck away when not in use) and hidden gear loops on the shoulder straps offer plenty of opportunity for attaching extra gear externally
- Side compression straps help reduce pack volume, improve load stability, and can be used to attach extra gear
- Top-loading pack closes via a drawstring; top lid provides extra protection against the elements but can be removed to reduce pack weight
- Simple, zigzag foam back panel and removable framesheet are shaped to match the curve of your back and pump fresh air through the channels as you walk
- Compressing foam allows air to flow across your back as you move
- Simple Clean design with daisy chains that tuck away when you don’t need them
The Boreas Lost Coast 45 pack offers a smart and simple weekend packing solution for people who care about weight but may not be crazy enough to cut the handles off their toothbrushes.
Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)
A smart, simple backpack perfect for weekend getaways, the Boreas Lost Coast 45 offers plenty of uncomplicated comfort and stability without adding extra weight. Once you put it on, you'll understand why it's an award winner. Winner of Backpacker magazine's 2012 Editors' Choice Award.