Boreas Lost Coast 60 -
The Boreas Lost Coast 60 is a lightweight backpacking backpack with comfortable suspension and a streamlined design.
Winner of 2012 Backpacker Magazine's Editor's Choice Award.
A Z foam back panel and hipbelt, both covered in mesh, breath incredibly well to keep you cool while you're on the move.
A removable frame sheet is ergonomically designed to match the curvature of your back for all-day comfort and excellent load transfer from shoulders to hips.
Ergonomic shoulder straps have highly breathable areas on top of the shoulders.
Large hipbelt pockets keep your essentials at hand so you don't have to take the pack off to grab a snack, your camera or some sunscreen while on the move.
The large, removable top lid has three pockets for excellent organization, and lash points on top for tying on extra gear.
The top-loading main compartment swallows all your backpacking gear - no extra zippers or separate sleeping bag compartments to add weight or complexity.
A stretchy front pocket is perfect for a tent or other wet gear you want to keep away from the rest of your stuff.
Two compression straps on each side and Boreas's Ribcage design keeps your load taught and under control for an optimal center of gravity.
Loops for trekking poles or ice axes let you stow tools when you want your hands free.
Innovative hidden daisy chains down the back and on the shoulder straps stay tucked away until you need to lash things down.
Large water bottle pockets swallow 1-liter bottles and have a side access so you can grab your bottles without taking the pack off.
Hydration reservoir compatible for hands-free drinking.
Comes with a pack cover to keep the rain off when the sky opens up.
Named for the rugged and wild Lost Coast of northern California, a hiker's paradise.
Tough, silicone-impregnated fabric is designed to last while still being lightweight.
From a quick overnight backpack to light-and-fast multi-day backpacking trips, this backpacking backpack from Boreas Gear is efficient and comfortable all the way through.
- The lightweight 210D ripstop nylon pack body fabric is impregnated with silicone for waterproof strength that won't wear out or rub off over time.
- Full-length front stretch pocket, 2 side stretch pockets and 2 hipbelt pockets let you organize and easily access gear, clothing, water bottles and snacks
- Light, no-nonsense hipbelt and shoulder straps with sternum strap are sized for a woman and made with resilient foam that keeps its volume and helps distribute pressure evenly
- The Boreas Lost Coast 60 pack features tuck-away daisy chains, raincover, hidden gear loops on the shoulder straps and hydration compatability (reservoir sold separately)
- More foam does not equal more comfort. Super-plush belts and straps look comfy in the store but flatten out under pressure. Comfort happens when pressure is distributed evenly through good design and foam resilient enough to maintain volume under load.
- Streamlined pack body features a light polyurethane rib cage design that adds structure; removable top lid features a zippered pocket and helps fend off precipitation
- BACKPACKER 2012 Editors’ Choice Award winner! The April issue states, “Get everything you need and nothing you don’t in one of these ultralight, ultracomfortable packs.”
- Simple Clean design with daisy chains that tuck away when you don’t need them
- Simple, zigzag foam back panel and removable framesheet are shaped to match the curve of your back and pump fresh air through the channels as you walk
- Poke the z-foam on the back panel (don’t worry, it’s tough stuff) and you’ll see it springs back. That compression/ reaction motion happens as you hike, pumping air through to keep your back cool.
The women’s Lost Coast 60 pack from Boreas is for lightweight travelers that don’t want to give up all their features. This pack features a pack cap for extra storage and has two compression straps on each side to create a low-profile load. The body is made of silicone impregnated 210D ripstop nylon, which is waterproof and more durable than lighter weight fabrics. It has a z-foam backpanel that pumps cool air across your back at you walk. Boreas believes in making simple, practical, reliable gear.
Sticking to Boreas' simple and clean design principles, the Lost Coast 60 Women's Backpack is a no frills pack designed to get you to your destination in comfort.
The Womens Boreas Lost Coast 60 is a lightweight simple pack with a female specific hip belt and shoulder straps that are cut for women's frame. The z-foam back panel and removable frame sheet are shaped to match the curve of your back, and the 210D ripstop nylon pack body fabric is impregnated with silicone for waterproof strength that won't wear out or rub off over time.
REI (2013) (closeout)
The women's Boreas Lost Coast 60 pack offers a smart and simple multiday packing solution for people who care about weight but may not be crazy enough to cut the handles off their toothbrushes.
The Lost Coast 60 is a simple, comfortable pack for people who care about weight but are not crazy enough to cut the handles off their toothbrushes.