Boris FX Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS Windows (Download) -
The Boris FX Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS for Windows (Download) adds nearly 180 AVX 2.0 filter effects and transitions to your Avid DS system. New for BCC 7 AVX is an OpenGL-based particle engine. This manifests itself in new tools such as BCC Particle Array 3D, which creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space and Pin Art 3D, which creates a pin-board look based on a layer image. All BCC 7 AVX filters take advantage of either OpenGL hardware acceleration or multi-processing to speed things up, clearing the way for interactivity to thrive.
Furthering that interactivity and fostering easeful creativity is the software's adoption of Avid's native overlay widgets, which put parameter values directly on the program window. These color-coded interface devices allow you to adjust the most commonly used BCC filter parameters without taking your eye off the video image.
Another new feature for version 7 is Compare Mode, which benefits over a third of BCC 7 AVX for DS filters. This lets you compare filtered video with the original in either split-screen or side-by-side views. In split-screen view, drag the wipe bar across the full image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, the Compare Mode feature allows you to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid DS is compatible with BCC 6 AVX or BCC 7 AVX effects when sequences from Media Composer or Symphony that contain those effects are conformed to DS.
Lining and Layers:
- New BCC 7 AVX filter Lens Blur, which includes a gradient map layer to control depth of focus, emulates a rack-defocus effect in which out-of-focus highlights of a video clip take on the shape of the lens shutter
Support and Cushioning:
- Supports Boris AAF Transfer (optional), which facilitates the transfer of Final Cut Pro sequences with BCC 7 FxPlug filters to Avid DS. BCC 7 FxPlug filters are translated to the corresponding BCC 7 AVX for DS filters, including all keyframed changes
- Support for Avid AVX 2 architecture means extensive use of Avid's advanced keyframing mode and of HUD (heads-up display) interface controls
- Glint, Lens Flare, LED, Prism and Damaged TV filters employ OpenGL hardware acceleration
- New filter Lens Transition is a wipe that applies a rack-defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming clips
- The plug-in package features both primary and, for finer control, secondary color correction filters
- Noise Reduction uses spatial and temporal information from video clips to smooth out video noise, especially in dark areas of an image
- Create 3D geometric shapes such as spheres and cylinders, which can intersect in Z-space with soft cast shadows and 3D spotlights
- Rays Cartoon, Rays Textured, Rays Streaky and Light Zoom filters employ volumetric lighting
- PixelChooser technology allows the creation of channel-based or region-based masks and a custom option lets you draw animatable vector-based bezier spline masks using on-screen controls
- Powerful keying is possible using Chroma, Luma, Two Way Key, Matte Choker, Light Wrap, Wire Remover and spill suppression
- Time-manipulation filters include Temporal Blur, Velocity Remap, Jitter, Looper and Optical Flow
- Smooth Tone and Pixel Fixer filters digitally "repair" video clips
- Motion Key makes possible the removal of foreground objects