Botannical Arts Press LLC Foraging & Feasting - A Field Guide and Wild Food Cookbook -
Foraging & Feasting: A Field Guide and Wild Food Cookbook by Dina Falconi and illustrated by Wendy Hollender is a truly beautiful book. It contains lavish art work and innovative recipes for those who want to eat local bounty. This wonderful volume highlights easily obtainable local foods and traditional foodways. The book features beautiful, instructive botanical illustrations and delicious, enlightening recipes. The author and illustrator share this project with you out of their long commitment to connecting with nature through food and art. The effort weaves together Dina's 30 years of passionate investigations into wild-plant identification, foraging and cooking with Wendy's deft artistic skills honed over 15 years as a botanical illustrator. You will not find this book available in many shops. The author and Illustrator want this to be a special book that you will cherish for a long while and so have limited its distribution. This truly is a wonderful volume and anyone who is interested in foraging would be proud to add this to their collection.
- Includes Latin and common names
- Innovative and imaginative recipes
- Fully indexed
- Stunning artwork
- ISBN - 9780989343305
- Pages - 230
- About the Author & the Illustrator - Dina Falconi is a clinical herbalist with a strong focus on food activism and nutritional healing. She has been teaching classes about the use of herbs for food, medicine, and pleasure, including wild-food foraging and cooking, for more than twenty years. She produces Falcon Formulations natural body care products and Earthly Extracts medicinal tinctures. She is a founding member of the Northeast Herbal Association, a chapter leader of the Weston A. Price Foundation and on the board of Slow Food-Hudson Valley. An avid gardener and wildcrafter, Dina is passionate about ecological agriculture and has completed the Permaculture Design Certificate Course. She is the author of Earthy Bodies & Heavenly Hair: Natural and Healthy Personal Care for Everybody (Ceres Press, 1998).Wendy Hollender is a botanical artist, author, and instructor. Hollender's illustrations have been published in The New York Times, "O," The Oprah Magazine, Real Simple and The Observer (UK). Her work was included in the 13th International Exhibition at Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, and in exhibitions at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, and the Smithsonian National Museum for Natural History. She is the author of BOTANICAL DRAWING IN COLOR: A Basic Guide To Mastering Realistic Form And Naturalistic Color, and BOTANICAL DRAWING, A BEGINNER'S GUIDE.
- Binding - Hard
- Wonderful Field Guide to eating local plants
- Year - 2013
- Self published with limited distribution