Brooks Cascadia 7 -
Tame the terrain in the Brooks Cascadia 7 trail running shoe. Rugged without sacrificing runnability, this women's trail shoe is built to amaze, support and protect, from its mesh, microfiber and synthetic upper to the caterpillar crash pad, ballistic rock shield, toe guard and abrasion-resistant, eco-friendly HPR Green outsole. The asymmetrical construction anatomically wraps the foot, conforming to your shape for support plus give. Brooks DNA and BioMoGo provide customized cushioning, while four-point heel and forefoot pivot posts act like a suspension system. Throw in a generously padded tongue and collar and moisture-managing interior and the Brooks Cascadia 7 outdoor running shoe is sure to keep you comfortable and up to speed on even the most challenging paths.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
Support and Cushioning:
- Microfiber overlays provide comfortable, targeted support.
- DNA cushioning uses high viscosity liquid to react instantly to each step, customizing the cushion for different runners and running styles
- Removable foam insole for added underfoot comfort.
- Medial and lateral Pivot Posting system helps outsoles adapt to your stride, offering stability on uneven surfaces
Lining and Layers:
- Element air-mesh in uppers and linings provides excellent ventilation and moisture management to keep your feet dry on the run; removable insoles add cushioning
- Full-length S-257 Cushsole midsole compound utilizes an insole board for increased cushioning and flexibility.
- Forefoot Cush Pod Configuration - Midsole and outsole components work together to set the foot into an efficient, balanced position throughout the gait cycle while maintaining cushioning and flexibility.
- Midsoles feature BioMoGo polymer alloy foam to increase energy return and reduce foot fatigue; nontoxic additive helps midsoles break down in landfills
- Ballistic Rock Shield, made of a thermoplastic EVA sheath, is placed between the midsole and outsole to help protect the forefoot by dissipating impacting shock from sharp objects.
- Full-length BioMoGo midsole provides long-lasting plush in an environmentally-friendly package. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down as soon as it reaches the landfill.
- Universal Sprung Platform enhances fit and function.
- Asymmetrically cut upper conforms to the foot for a better fit.
- Asymmetric lacing matches the shape of your feet for an enhanced fit and increase in comfort
- Anatomical Brooks DNA is an innovative cushioning material that delivers a personalized ride to runners of all different sizes, foot shapes and speeds. Designed to work with BioMoGo, it responds to every stride dispersing impact and providing the necessary protection through pace changes.
- HPR Green is a long-lasting outsole material made of dispersed silica, a more environmentally friendly compound. It offers reliable traction in wet and dry conditions.
- Heel Caterpillar Tech crash pad helps to ensure smoother transitions.
- Element linings are breathable and help wick moisture away, keeping feet cool and dry.
- Lightweight, breathable Element upper offers protection from the various elements, and is designed to withstand even the toughest run.
Traction and Grip:
- Brooks Cascadia 7 trail-running shoes feature a blend of high-density carbon rubber and recycled rubber for outstanding durability; aggressive lugs maximize grip on the trail
- Durable synthetic leather and nylon/polyester mesh uppers with microfiber overlays offer lightweight, quick-drying performance
- Four-Point Pivot Posting System - Independent medial-lateral pivot posts are shaped to reduce ground contact surface area, diminishing the destabilizing effect of trail irregularities.
- A trail runner designed for the environmentally mindful runner.
- Update to the Cascadia 6, SKU 7726215.
REI (2012) (closeout)
Offering stability for your off-road runs, the women's Brooks Cascadia 7 trail-running shoes use deep treads and comfortable cushioning to deliver a smooth ride, even on rough trails.
Designed from the ground up, the Cascadia 7 defines what a trail shoe should be: rugged without sacrificing runnability. Infused with Brooks technology and a bit of insight from ultrarunner Scott Jurek, this amazing piece of equipment features an asymmetric upper that anatomically wraps the foot with conforming materials, a ballistic rock shield and toe protector for dicey terrain, and four-point pivot posts that act like a suspension system for your feet. Top it off with an intuitive lug pattern and this trailblazer is ready to tackle even the toughest terrain.
You've heard of a green thumb, but how about green feet? Keep your soles in green stride with the Brooks Cascadia 7.