Brooks PureDrift -
The Brooks Pure Drift is ready to run, right out of the box. This men's running shoe delivers a minimalist-inspired feel and light-as-a-feather freedom. The Toe Flex splits allow your forefoot to flex through its three functional units, creating natural balance and push-off. The anatomical last mimics the shape of the foot for a closer fit; no-seam construction keeps it comfortable. And for extra freedom, remove the insole for a zero drop experience in the Brooks PureDrift barefoot running shoe.
- Plush tongue and collar for exceptional comfort.
Support and Cushioning:
- Synthetic leather overlays provide lightweight support
- Molded foam insole supplies light underfoot cushioning.
- Full-length BioMoGo DNA is a blend of earth-friendly BioMoGo and responsive Brooks DNA, and has a gender-friendly cushioning design, making for a dynamic ride.
- The heel is slimmed down and rounded to encourage contact points to shift forward, aligning the joints and creating optimal energy return.
- Remove the removable sockliners to provide a zero offset experience; seamless design ensures comfort
- Wide Elastic Nav Band across the instep to ensure a secure, glove-like fit.
- Built on an anatomical last, the shoe's shape contours to your foot, promoting support and a glove-like fit.
- Designed on an anatomical last, Brooks PureDrift minimalist running shoes contour to the feet, providing a glovelike fit
Lining and Layers:
- The lightest and most flexible in the PureProject line. Built for the neutral runner seeking the next best thing to running barefoot.
- Soft lining offers a great in-shoe feel.
- Midsoles feature BioMoGo polymer alloy foam, which provides cushioning, energy return and reduced foot fatigue; nontoxic additive helps midsoles break down in landfill
- Omega flex grooves enhance midsole flexibility while offering great cushioning
- All-synthetic construction makes these vegan-friendly
- Lightweight uppers feature highly breathable polyester and nylon mesh with a rubber instep band to provide a comfortable, secure fit regardless of foot shape
Traction and Grip:
- Low-profile rubber outsoles grip well on the road, sidewalk and gentle trails
- Part of the PureProject Collection from Brooks.
- Brooks developed five unique features called the Ideal Technologies (Nav Band, Toe Flex, BioMOGO DNA, rounded heel, and anatomical last) that are featured in every PureProject shoe. Combined, these technologies are designed to promote an efficient, natural stride by encouraging a more forward foot strike, which places the runner over their center of gravity, helps align the body and reduces harmful stress.
- Dual Toe Flex splits in the toe box allow your forefoot to flex through its 3 functional units, encouraging natural balance and a springy push-off
The Brooks PureDrift minimalist running shoe is designed to be like an extension of your body. Sleek, anatomical upper with ultra-breathable mesh and a featherweight feel. Tuned Density midsole better corresponds with gender and weight categories, delivering a custom balance of cushioning that’s not too soft or stiff. Dual toe box split allows the forefoot to flex through its three functional units, engaging the runner's natural balance. Nav Band wraps over the instep to comfortably secure the foot in place. Dynamic stretch provides just the right amount of reinforcement and conforms to individual foot shape and size. Ideal Heel promotes a natural foot strike by landing in a more forward position on the foot. This aligns the runner’s center of gravity and encourages optimal energy return. BioMoGo earth-friendly midsole technology, is blended with Brooks® DNA smart cushioning to create a springy return and custom comfort. Anatomical Last is designed from an anatomical form. The shoe’s shape contours the foot for a glove-like feel and provides support for every part of the foot. Wt. 5.6 oz.
Experience the next best thing to naked feet with the hyper-light PureDrift. Spread those toes with two split grooves that allow your forefoot to flex through its three functional units. A hardly-there upper has a close fit and provides a little more coverage than a birthday suit. When you really want to feel free as a bird, remove the sockliner for a zero drop experience. Feet, meet feel. Just like Brooks core line, they hold PureProject to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
REI (2013) (closeout)
The men's ultralight Brooks PureDrift Road-Running Shoes boast a stripped down, minimalist platform for a barely-there feel and enhanced connection with the ground.
The newest addition to the PureProject family, the Brooks PureDrift road-running shoes boast a stripped down, minimalist platform to connect you with the ground.
WARNING: May cause delusions of being barefoot!