Brooks Ariel -
The Brooks Women's Ariel Running Shoes and its brother shoe The Beast® are running's leading Control shoes because they deliver the perfect mix of stability and comfort, pampering runners with low or flat arches and excessive pronation. This triumph of technology has been taken to new heights in this update. Now empowered with brand-new, patent pending full-length Brooks DNA, the Ariel provides heel-to-toe protection for your foot while dynamically serving up an individually customized ride with optimal cushioning. Weight 12.3 oz. The midsole features Brooks DNA, full length BioMoGo, Extended Progressive Diagonal rollbar (DRB), DRB Accel, and full length S-257 Cushsole. The outsole features HPR Plus, HPR Green and Forefoot MC Pod Construction. The upper features Ultimate Sockliner, Moisture-managing Element Mesh, Synthetic Overlay Materials, Moisture-managing Element Linings, and Internal Support Saddle. Brooks DNA–Brooks DNA is a groundbreaking cushioning material that provides a customized ride for runners of all sizes and speeds. Working with BioMoGo, Brooks DNA responds to your every step, dispersing impact and providing ideal comfort and protection as the pace changes. When there is low impact the polymer chain interactions are loose and flexible. When there is medium impact the polymer chain interactions start to strengthen. And, when there is high impact the polymer chain interactions are strong and tight. BIOMOGO–We've taken the long-lasting cushioning of our MoGo midsole and made it environmentally friendly. How, you ask? By adding a non-toxic, natural additive to the MoGo compound that encourages anaerobic microbes to munch away once it hits the landfill. BiMoGo midsoles debuted in the spring of 2009 and set the bar for green innovation in the footwear industry. Here's a quick refresher course on the award-winning technology: BioMoGo is a non-toxic, natural additive that encourages anaerobic microbes to break down the midsole into reusable byproducts once it his an active, enclosed landfill. Traditional EVA midsoles can last up to 1,000 years in a landfill. BioMoGo breaks down 50 times faster. BioMoGo midsoles will save 29.9 million pounds of landfill waste in roughly 20-25 years. Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB®)–Our tri-density PDRB® midsoles are biomechanically engineered to allow for progressive pronation control and to create smoother transitions from the midstance phase into the propulsion phase. DRB® ACCEL–Enhances tunable torsion of the midfoot. Shank-like thermoplastic devices vary from single units of a set modulus, to dualunit versions of varied modulus (tuned with higher stiffness for medial support, the lateral side less stiff to smooth the ride). HPR Plus–A higher durability, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole compound that wears longer. HPR Green–This durable and long-wearing outsole compound is made with dispersed silica, resulting in premium wet-dry traction for excellent skid-resistance and a more environmentally friendly composition. ENGINEERED MC POD CONFIGURATION–Midsole and outsole components are engineered to set the foot up in an efficient, balanced position from heel strike to toe-off, offering maximum stability and responsiveness. ELEMENT–Upper technology featuring superior microfiber construction to provide weather protection in a light, supple, quiet fabric that doesn't sacrifice breathability, durability, or comfort.
Note: This product comes NEW and in un-used condition, but, may not come in the original manufacturers packaging.
- Outsoles on the Brooks Ariel shoes are constructed out of a mix of rubber compounds to maximize longevity; compound also offers excellent traction in wet and dry conditions
- Polyester and nylon air-mesh linings provide great moisture management to keep feet comfortable on the run; internal support saddle helps wrap and hold feet in place
- Lightweight and flexible polyester and nylon mesh uppers are abrasion resistant and breathable, and dry quickly; overlays provide structure and support
- Midsoles feature BioMoGo polymer alloy foam, which provides cushioning, energy return and reduced foot fatigue; nontoxic additive helps midsoles break down in landfills
- Flex grooves enhance midsole flexibility for an effortless, efficient ride that maintains cushioning; midsole density has been tuned to optimize cushioning per gender
- Forefoot MC-Pod configuration balances midsole and outsole components to set feet in an efficient, balanced position, maximizing motion control and flexibility
- Outsoles also feature a special decoupled crash pad design that smooths out the landing zone throughout the heel strike
Support and Cushioning:
- Cushioning pods use high viscosity liquid to react instantly to each step, dispersing impact and customizing the cushioning for different runners and running styles
- Midfoot thermoplastic urethane arch shanks control torsional flex at midfoot for control and support
- Insole boards use a foam polymer alloy formulated to resist compression and rebound more quickly than standard EVA, offering lasting, efficient cushioning and flexibility
- Extended PDRB™ (Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar) triple-density medial posts work to control excessive pronation and balance transitions from midfoot to toe-off
A standout among control running shoes, the Brooks Ariel running shoe, like its big brother, the Brooks Beast for men, boasts a growing number of fiercely loyal fans who swear by its performance. Sporting a breathable Element Mesh™ upper, this women's running shoe combines maximum support and long-lasting comfort built upon a reliable, motion-control platform. The full-length Caterpillar Crash Pad delivers flexibility; a midsole stability web reinforces the foam layers without adding weight; and full-length Brooks DNA protects the foot while providing a customized ride with optimal cushioning. Eco-friendly BioMoGo lends additional support, while the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) creates smooth transitions and contributes to the superior pronation control this shoe is known for. Providing premium wet-dry traction, the Brooks Ariel athletic shoe is finished with an outsole that pairs HPR Plus and HPR Green compounds for abrasion-resistant performance and environmentally friendly composition.
Brooks Ariel - Women's The Brooks Ariel combines maximum support and long-lasting cushioning into an adaptable running shoe any self-respecting motion-control freak won't want to live without. Moisture-managing Element™ Mesh upper with synthetic overlay materials. Moisture-managing Element™ linings, internal support saddle. Rearfoot HydroFlow® ST-XL. Forefoot HydroFlow®. Full-length MoGo™, e-2™ rearfoot and forefoot polymer. Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar® (PDRB®). DRB™ Accel. Full-length S-257™ cushsole. HPR Plus. HPR Green. Engineered MC pod construction. Ultimate sockliner. Wt. 12.3 oz. Wt. 12.3 oz.
Shake up your run and never have a dull mile with the Brooks® Ariel®.
A running shoe designed for the moderate to severe over-pronator who requires a combination of reinforced stability and cushioning.
Element upper offers weather resistant protection in a light, breathable mesh material.
Synthetic overlays deliver comfortable, light support.
Internal support saddle keeps your foot securely locked in.
Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
Moisture-managing Element sockliner promotes a cooler, drier environment.
Full-Length BioMoGo midsole provides long lasting cushioning and is environmentally friendly. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down once it's been tossed into the landfill.
Full-length Brooks DNA works with the BioMoGo to reduce impacting forces and provide superior protection.
Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB®) delivers smoother transitions and promotes pronation control.
DRB® ACCEL midfoot shank offers higher stiffness for medial support and lighter lateral stiffness for a smoother ride.
HPR Plus, abrasion-resistant rubber outsole is highly durable for long-lasting wear.
HPR Green is made from dispersed silica, resulting in optimal wet-dry traction.
MC Pod design helps to set the foot in the most balanced and efficient position, promoting stability and responsiveness.
Brooks Ariel road-running shoes deliver sturdy motion control in a comfortable, flexible and highly tuned platform for those needing ample support for everyday fitness running or training.