Brooks PureCadence 2 -
Run foot loose and fancy-free with the Brooks Pure Cadence™ 2 shoe. With a sleek silhouette and a responsive fit, this men's running shoe re-thinks the engineering of support technology. Features like the internal Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) help prevent overpronation, while the wide Nav Band holds your foot like an endless hug. The anatomical last contours the foot to provide true support and a glove-like feel in the lightweight, flexible Brooks PureCadence™ 2 running shoe.
- Plush tongue and collar for exceptional comfort.
Support and Cushioning:
- Full-length multi-density foam offers stabilizing support for overpronators
- Molded foam insole supplies light underfoot cushioning.
- Built for the mild overpronator to moderate overpronator looking to step into the minimalist category without sacrificing needed support.
- Full-length BioMoGo DNA is a blend of earth-friendly BioMoGo and responsive Brooks DNA, and has a gender-friendly cushioning design, making for a dynamic ride.
- The heel is slimmed down and rounded to encourage contact points to shift forward, aligning the joints and creating optimal energy return.
- Built on an anatomical last, the shoe's shape contours to your foot, promoting support and a glove-like fit.
- Lightweight uppers feature highly breathable mesh, synthetic leather overlays and a wide rubber instep band to provide a comfortable, secure fit regardless of foot shape
- Wide Elastic Nav Band is locked into the lateral strike pod to ensure a secure, glove-like fit.
- Designed on an anatomical last, Brooks PureCadence 2 Road-Running Shoes contour to the feet, providing a glovelike fit
- Midsoles feature BioMoGo polymer alloy foam, which provides cushioning, energy return and reduced foot fatigue; nontoxic additive helps midsoles break down in landfill
Lining and Layers:
- Soft lining offers a great in-shoe feel.
- All-synthetic construction makes these vegan-friendly
Traction and Grip:
- Low-profile rubber outsoles grip well on the road, sidewalk and gentle trails
- Part of the PureProject Collection from Brooks.
- Split toe groove under the forefoot enhances forefoot flexibility and lets the toes function independently for better balance
- Inverted heel technology encourages a midfoot landing position rather than a heel strike
- Split toe groove under forefeet offers a greater sense of connection to the ground compared to traditional running shoes
- Successor to the PureCadence, SKU# 7864593.
- Internal PDRB helps prevent overpronation.
- Brooks developed five unique features called the Ideal Technologies (Nav Band, Toe Flex, BioMOGO DNA, rounded heel, and Anatomical Last) that are featured in every PureProject shoe. Combined, these technologies are designed to promote an efficient, natural stride by encouraging a more forward foot strike, which places the runner over their center of gravity, helps align the body and reduces harmful stress.
- Toe Flex - The split-toe feature augments forefoot flexibility and promotes the big toe to engage the runner's natural stability and power during push-off.
- 5mm heel-to-toe drop encourages a shorter, lower-impact stride compared to traditional running shoes
With lean construction and a responsive fit, the PureCadence 2 rethinks how support technology is engineered. Features like the internal PDRB help prevent overpronation without added parts and the wide Nav Band holds your foot like an endless hug. Add fresh looks and some street cred, and this featherweight friend will run footloose and fancy-free with you. Just like Brooks core line, they hold PureProject to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
The Brooks PureCadence 2 running shoe features full-length BioMoGo DNA earth friendly midsole technology that is blended with Brooks DNA smart cushioning to tune cushion and response based on the needs of each and every runner. IDEAL Heel encourages contact points to shift forward, which aligns the joints and creates optimal energy return. Split toe enhances forefoot flexibility and independently empowers the big toe to engage the runner's natural stability and a powerful push-off. Nav Band wraps over the instep and provides a comfortable, assured fit regardless of foot shape. Anatomical Last contours the foot to provide true support and a glove-like feel. Wt. 9.3 oz.
REI (2013) (closeout)
The men's Brooks PureCadence 2 Road-Running Shoes offer runners stability, mild pronation control and a natural foot strike.
You can't help but feel footloose when you free your stride with the PureCadence 2 from Brooks!
REI (2012) (closeout)
The Brooks PureCadence minimalist road-running shoes help you find your rhythm by encouraging a natural foot strike while still providing enough stability to help control mild pronation.