Brooks PureGrit 2 - Adventure is just around the switchback when you take to the trail in the PureGrit® from Brooks®!
Successor to the PureGrit, SKU# 7864596.
Part of the PureProject™ Collection from Brooks®.
Brooks developed five unique features called Ideal Technologies (Nav Band, Toe Flex, BioMOGO DNA, rounded heel, and Anatomical Last) that are featured in every PureProject shoe. Combined, these technologies are designed to promote an efficient, natural stride by encouraging a more forward foot strike, which places the runner over their center of gravity, helps align the body and reduces harmful stress.
A minimalist trail runner designed to navigate tricky terrain. Built for the neutral runner.
Breathable mesh upper.
Lightweight synthetic overlays.
Elastic Nav Band wraps across the instep for a secure, glove-like fit.
Heel pull loop for an easier on and off.
Plush tongue and collar for added comfort.
Soft lining offers a great in-shoe feel.
Molded foam insole supplies light underfoot cushioning.
Full-length BioMoGo DNA is a blend of earth-friendly BioMoGo and responsive Brooks DNA, and has a gender-friendly cushioning design, making for a dynamic ride.
– The split-toe feature augments forefoot flexibility and promotes the big toe to engage the runner's natural stability and power during push-off.
The heel is slimmed down and rounded to encourage contact points to shift forward, aligning the joints and creating optimal energy return.
Aggressive, multidirectional lug pattern for reliable grip over various off-road surfaces.
Built on an anatomical last, the shoe's shape contours to your foot, promoting support and a glove-like fit.
- Midsoles feature BioMoGo polymer alloy foam, which provides cushioning, energy return and reduced foot fatigue; nontoxic additive helps midsoles break down in landfill
- Designed on an anatomical last with a 4mm heel-to-toe drop, Brooks PureGrit 2 trail-running shoes provide a glovelike fit
- Lightweight uppers feature conforming synthetic leather overlays, highly breathable mesh and a rubber instep band to provide a comfortable, secure fit regardless of foot shape
- Lightweight construction and fewer materials
- All-synthetic construction makes these vegan-friendly
Traction and Grip:
- Aggressive, multi-directional lug pattern for better grip on the ever-changing surfaces of adventure
- Developed in collaboration with ultrarunner Scott Jurek, the unique rubber outsoles feature a wide base and tire-like treads for a stable ride on the trails
- The concave shape delivers better balance by splaying out upon impact and creating more surface area for ground contact.
- Split toe groove under forefeet offers a greater sense of connection to the ground compared to traditional running shoes
- Runners should generally expect these shoe to last approximately 250-300 miles.
- Nav Band
- Inverted heel technology encourages a midfoot landing position rather than a heel strike
- Ideal Heel design uses a curved heel to encourage foot contact points to shift you forward, helping align joints and reduce stresses
- 4mm heel-to-toe drop encourages a shorter, lower-impact stride than traditional running shoes
- Toe Flex
When you want nothing to come between you and the trail, the ultra-light Brooks Pure Grit 2 shoe won't get in your way. This men's outdoor shoe features an aggressive, multi-directional lug pattern for better grip on ever-changing surfaces. The Nav Band gives trail runners a better midfoot wrap, while the split toe enhances forefoot flexibility, natural stability and power during push-off in the Brooks PureGrit 2 trail runner.
When you want nothing to come between you and the trail, the ultra-light men's Brook's PureGrit won't get in your way. The designers constructed an outsole with an aggressive, multi-directional lug pattern for better grip on the ever-changing surfaces of adventure. Its concave shape delivers better balance by splaying out upon impact and creating more surface area for ground contact. With blazing colors, you'll light the trail on fire. Metaphorically.Just like our core line, we hold PureProject to the industry’s highest weartest and durability standards. Because of their lightweight construction and fewer materials, runners should generally expect shoes from the PureProject line to last approximately 250-300 miles.
The Brooks PureGrit 2 running shoe is constructed a new outsole with a more aggressive, multi-directional lug pattern for better grip on ever-changing surfaces. BioMoGo DNA earth friendly midsole is blended with Brooks DNA smart cushioning to tune cushion and response based on the needs of each and every runner. IDEAL Heel encourages contact points to shift forward, which aligns the joints and creates optimal energy return. Split toe enhances forefoot flexibility and independently empowers the big toe to engage the runner's natural stability and a powerful push-off. Nav Band wraps over the instep and provides a comfortable, assured fit regardless of foot shape. Anatomical Last contours the foot to provide true support and a glove-like feel. Wt. 10.0 oz.
For when you really want to connect with the trail, the lightweight Brooks PureGrit 2 trail-running shoes offer a minimalist fit and that feeling you seek.
REI (2012) (closeout)
With minimalist design and great traction, the Brooks PureGrit trail-running shoes embrace the nuances of off-road terrain while staying firmly on your feet.