Brooks-Range 240+ Carbon Pro Avalanche Probe -
Since your probe might be what actually finds your buried buddy or buddies, you might as well spring for the lightest and strongest you can get: the Brooks-Range 240+ Carbon Pro Avalanche Probe. All you have to do is flip it out, pull on the T-handle, and lock it into place, then you're ready to start probing for your buried backcountry companion.
- Strong, lightweight, and flexible carbon fiber won't let you down during the 'real thing'
- Conically shaped tube joints mean you shave off crucial seconds during the assembly
- Graduated shaft lets you measure the snowpack in centimeters
- Ultra-lightweight (7oz) and compact when folded (15.75in) means you won't have a problem finding room in your pack for it
- The head busts through compact debris and is larger than the shaft to prevent snagging and freezing during repeated probing