Burley Piccolo Trailer Bike -
The Burley Piccolo trailer bike offers the fun of pedaling along with the security of being guided by an adult on their own bike; plus, the Piccolo can be upgraded to be a full-on bicycle later on!
All bicycles sold at REI include a free warranty tune-up. New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which readjustment is important for longevity and performance. Bring your new bike in to your local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever comes first. Contact your nearest REI bike shop to schedule this important service.
- Adjustable handlebar and seatpost make it easy to dial in the "just right" fit for your child
Support and Cushioning:
- Tailwind rear rack also allows for side panniers to be carried, letting you bring along extra gear or picnic goodies; rack can support up to 65 lbs.
- Lightweight and sturdy aluminum frame supports a child comfortably; hitch securely mounts to the included Burley Tailwind™ rear rack
Weather and Wind:
- Front splash guard helps protect rider from the occasional bits of mud or rain splashing up from the lead bike's rear wheel
Traction and Grip:
- Kids can pedal along comfortably and easily, and even shift to meet changing terrain thanks to the 7-speed drivetrain and twist grip shifter
- Turn the Piccolo into a complete bicycle with the Burley Plus converter kit (sold separately)
- Recommended for children 4 - 10 years old; Piccolo has a weight capacity up to 85 lbs. with a recommended 2:1 weight ratio from adult to child
- Over-axle pivot attachment promotes stability and good tracking; double locking mechanism ensures a secure connection
- Safety flag and rear reflector are included to ehance visibility
- Hitch system features ball bearing-guided pivots to provide shimmy-free performance along with stable and secure inline handling