Burton AK Flare Down Jacket -
Burton's AK 2L Flare Down Snowboard Jacket is one of the warmest and most waterproof snowboarding jackets available. A GORE-TEX® 2L shell keeps rain, snow, sleet and wind out, while also allowing excellent breathability and sweat evaporation. Fully taped seams prevent leaks, even in extreme conditions. YKK® matte water-resistant zippers also keep moisture out, while providing more durability than most zippers. Beneath the GORE-TEX® is 650 down fill insulation for amazing warmth without much added weight. The insulation is strategically placed in the torso where it is needed most to prevent a puffy look or overheating.
The AK Flare Down also provides simple, solid coloring for easy styling. Burton's [ak] Fit is articulated at the flex points to mimic the body's natural movement pathways and allow excellent freedom of motion. A soft heathered lining makes the jacket feel cozy on the inside. Other features of the AK 2L Flare Down include a removable waist gaiter to keep snow out and compatibility with the brand's jacket-to-pant interface. Burton feels so strongly about the quality of this jacket that it provides a lifetime warranty on the item.
Attention: Burton Snowboards & Gear can be shipped only within the United States and Canada.
- Drop-hood design sits low on the collar to cover your helmet but not flop in the wind when not in use???genius
- 650-fill down offers insane warmth in a medium-bulk, highly compressible package so you can feel like you're wearing a puffy while still being able to cram the jacket in your pack
Weather and Wind:
- Gore Seam taping minimizes the width of the taping to reduce weight and improve breathability
- Two-layer Gore-Tex Performance Shell blocks out wet flakes and pummeling winds in winter and rain during the spring meltdown, while breathing for comfort
- Removable powder skirt includes jacket-to-pant interface that attaches to corresponding pants to provide further snow-resistance
- YKK matte-finish covered zippers seal out moisture at the zippers without the typical shiny finish most covered zippers have
- Pit Zips™
- Goggle pocket
- Media pocket
Lining and Layers:
- Two Micorfleece-lined Handwarmer Pockets
- Underarm mesh-lined vents allow cooling air to circulate as you ride up on the lift after an intense run
- AK fit is engineered to mirror your movements as you ride or hike with articulated mobility
- Fully taped seams cover all stitching points throughout the jacket to keep moisture away
- Mapped with buttery soft heathered linging
- Ergonomically shaped cuffs provides extra coverage
- Removable waist gaiter
Feel pampered in the face of danger.
The Burton Women's AK 2L Flare Down Jacket brings the warmth and comfort of reading a book next to a pot-bellied stove and sipping hot chocolate with the performance to keep you prevailing through gales and bails. This amazing feat made possible by Gore-Tex waterproofing, 650 down fill, and a women-specific AK fit.
The Burton AK Flare Down Jacket will keep you warm even if your buried neck deep in snow. This jacket is the perfect alternative to the bulky marshmallow fluff jackets, as it preserves flexibility while still providing plenty of warmth. Featuring a GORE-TEX® fabric and fully taped seams, this jacket is guaranteed to keep you dry. If your accustomed to riding in sub-zero polar like conditions, then you need this jacket. Part of Burton's [ak]™ series, this is a high-performing jacket designed for serious shredders.