The Burton Ambush Snowboard Boot has a lightweight feel and mid-range flex. This boot gives you support and flexibility, so you can ride the whole mountain with equal ease. The Dynolite sole is 20% lighter than traditional soles, and it has B3 gel worked in to absorb impact. The Focus Cuff feature locks your heel down in place for increased comfort and response. SpeedZone lacing completes the package, allowing you to get the exact right feel every time.
10% Discount on 2013-2014 Snowboard Packages: Buy any full-price Burton snowboard, boots, and bindings and get a 10% discount on all 3!
• Support Rating: 5 (Support rating on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being softer and 10 being responsive)
• Shrinkage Footprint Reduction Technology: Reduces the boot’s overall footprint one full size, meaning a men’s size 10 fits like a size 10, but has the footprint of a typical size 9. Shorter, lighter, sleeker—never suffer from toe drag again.
• Speed Zone Lacing System for True Zonal Lacing Control: Lightning fast lacing control. Customize the fit of the upper or lower zone in seconds, and because the system is so powerful, you get more rebound, more wrap, and better response—with less effort. Virtually indestructible, New England Ropes’ laces are the same stuff used by stunt men, firefighters, and rescue teams.
• Winder Handles: Speed Zone winder handles make it easy to grip the laces and pull them tight, with or without gloves on, and also offer a convenient spot to wind up the extra lace cable.
• Imprint 3 Liner.
• Rad Pad for Lace Comfort.
• DynoLite Outsole: Superior cushioning, improved board feel, and consistent support in a 20% lighter weight construction. Made entirely of an exclusive cushioning compound specially formulated to withstand repeated impacts and freezing temps for long lasting shock absorption.
• EST Optimized Outsole: EST goes beyond bindings by optimizing the soles on select boots for a more direct connection. Lower-profile, lighter weight, and with a reduced ramp angle, EST lowers your center of gravity and improves feel. All without sacrificing an ounce of cushioning thanks to ultra-dampening B3 Gel inserts.
• B3 Gel.
• NEW Wishbone Upper Cuff: The NEW Wishbone Cuff defies convention, combining power and freedom into one. Picking up where the Crossbone Cuff left off, it features Jumper Cables on both the medial and lateral sides for twice the snap, rebound, and life without sacrificing the high tweakability of a softer boot. Featured on the Ambush.
• Oversized Flex Notches.
The Burton Ambush snowboard boot handles everything on the mountain with a jib-friendly flex that doesn't skimp on support. The Speed Zone lacing system makes it easy to dial in your fit, and the articulated Wishbone cuff gives you support for landing flat, with plenty of flex for tweaking that Gonz-inspired stalefish. Plus, it's got Shrinkage technology, to give you the smallest possible footprint and less toe overhang. Attack everything in your path.
With mid-range response for amazing control in the park, the Burton Ambush boots combine lightning fast entry and cushioned, comfortable liners for lasting performance.
|Boot lacing system:||Speed Zone quick-lace upper / internal quick-lace harness|
|Details:||Aegis Antimicrobial Coating, Snow-Proof Internal Gusset|
|Flex:||5 (on 1 (relaxed) to 10 (responsive) scale)|
|Flex/Response:||Wiishbone Upper Cuff, Oversized Flex Notches, Power Up Medium Flex Thin Profile 3D Molded Tong and Flex Spine Backstay|
|Footbed:||Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed w/ ESS Support Shanks|
|Lacing System:||Speed Zone|
|Liner:||Imprint 3 Liner w/ Focus Cuff and Rad Pad|
|Liner lacing system:||None|
|Liner material:||Multi-density EVA foam|
|Moldable liner:||Thermal formable|
|Outsole:||DynoLite EST Optimized Outsole w/ B3 Gel|
|Snowboard boot flex:||Soft|
|Burton 2014 Ambush Snowboard Boot||$249.95|
I knew I needed new boots this year, and wow were these an upgrade! While I moved up a half size, the actual boot size is noticeably smaller and lighter than my older Burton boots. That alone made for a much better, more connected feel on the board. I thought I liked traditional laces, but the speed lace is too good! I can slip in and lace both boots faster than ever and they are easy enough to adjust on the go if needed. I opted not to heat mold them as they were pretty comfy out of the box; instead I've hiked 5 out of my 20 days in these boots to break them in and so far my feet have never been happier! I can stay warm when its well below zero and my they don't get sweaty when it's sunny and warm. Hope to wear these for many days to come!
They fit perfect , got the black and blue color totaly great color light as a fether ......
I got these to match the kermit green board that I had. Out of the box I really liked the look. I took them out to Utah this weekend and they broke in surprisingly quick and became really comfortable. They also feel really light. The stiffness rating is right on at a 5.
However things went downhill pretty quickly. On day one the vinyl material on my lead foot started peeling near the seams. My lead foot... not the foot that usually gets the board rested on it. At the start of day two, while I was tightening my boot, the lower speed lace broke.
End of the line. This is going back.