Burton Custom Flying V -
Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard - Men's: The board to answer all terrain. This is the snowboard that others are measured against. You want the best of both worlds, camber and rocker? Look no further than the Burton Custom Flying V. The Squeezebox core design delivers more pop, snap, and handling.
Diecut Base Color Combinations May Vary.
Setting the benchmark with boards that are lighter, faster, and stronger for more air, quicker turns, and more fun no matter what the terrain or conditions.
The Channel offers the quickest, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. Take control of your stance and your board like never before, micro-adjust your width and angles with ALL major binding formats including EST®, Re:Flex™, and Disc. M6 hardware means compatibility with all major binding companies, making it a choice for any rider.
A Springloaded blend of camber and rocker performance, Flying V™ offers the best of both worlds. Rocker overall, including between and outside your feet, enhances playfulness and float through pow. Underneath your feet, subtle camber zones focus edge-control for crisp snap, added pop, and power through turns.
The classic, most versatile snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch.
Super Fly II™ Core.
Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight. Further optimized for float in our freeride focused boards, and strength in our park-focused boards.
The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
Radiating outward from beneath your feet, these energy transfer strands allow us to make the board more responsive without making it stiff.
Versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred.
This ultra-light carbon backbone increases pop and longitudinal snap.
Sintered WFO Base.
Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays Wide F!#@ing Open all season in any condition.
Aggressive rippers take note. 10:45’s extra-meaty, dual angle geometry results in bomber impact absorption.
Improves performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from where it originates beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board more stable and easily manipulated.
Edges beneath your bindings extend out slightly for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don’t, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining ever forgiving in softer conditions.
A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
This Burton-exclusive technology allows us to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Springloaded, Rocker, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
The Burton Custom Flying V is perfect for that guy who is looking for that one board quiver.
Traction and Grip:
- Rocker between and outside the feet enhances playfulness and float in pow; subtle camber zones underneath your feet combine with edge-gripping tech to add pop, snap and power
- Frostbite Edges grip on ice and hardpack
- Infinite Ride eliminates break-in time and provides consistent feel every season
- Additionally, Squeezbox creates a more stable board that can be powered up and manipulated with less effort
- Squeezbox tech transfers energy outward from under your feet, energizing the tip and tail for added snap when exiting a turn and ollieing
- Carbon I-Beam™
- Dualzone EGD provides added strength and edge hold
- Super Fly II Core with Dualzone EGD
- Directional shape (10mm setback)
- Lightweight Carbon aligned with the board's spine adds to board's longitudinal snap
- The Channel lets you fine-tune your stance width to the millimeter, and then dial in your toe-to-heel centering and rotate your angles in one fell swoop
- 45° Carbon Highlights add aggressive edge-to-edge response
- Wood core is snappy, strong and responsive; wood grain positioned along toe and heel edges is perpendicular to the core for superior edge hold and strength
- Highly-porous sintered base is ultra durable and has specially formulated wax infused into the pores for long-lasting glide
- Lightning Bolts
- Burton snowboard deck and base colors may vary from online photo
- Pro-Tip™ edges are tapered at the tip and tail, reducing swing weight and improving powder flotation
- Flying V-Rocker/camber combo handles well in all conditions
- Burton Channel system offers unlimited, on-the-fly stance adjustability and is compatible with traditional Burton 3D® bindings
- Edges extend out about half a millimeter underneath bindings for tremendous edge hold in hard, icy conditions, and are tuned to slice and dice the entire mountain
- Super Fly II Core is strong, lightweight, and poppy
- Fiberglass energy strands radiate outward from the Channels to the board's edges, providing poppiness and responsiveness without stiffening the board
The Burton Custom Flying V is quickly becoming as iconic as the traditional camber Custom. Squeezebox gives you every ounce of pop possible out of the Custom Flying V through a thinner core underfoot that transitions to thicker, more powerful areas between and outside your feet. The Flying V shape places rocker between your feet and camber underfoot for rocker float and camber control. Best of both koalas. What? Cliches are boring. Lightning Bolts underfoot result in amazing edge-to-edge response while the Carbon I-Beam further adds boost. The directional shape with a twin flex is a super versatile shape that performs well no matter which way you point it. Burton's Infinite Ride means the Custom Flying V doesn't need a break-in period because Burton already broke it in for you. The Sintered WFO base is super fast and is super wax absorbent. Yea, the Custom Flying V is faster than minute rice. Frostbite extends the edges slightly out underfoot for superb edge hold on ice and crud. Pro-Tip tapers the tips to reduce the swing weight making spins effortless and board control a breeze. There's a reason why riders like Mikkel Bang and Mads Jonsson turn to the Custom Flying V for their shenanigans.
Shipping Restriction: This item is not available for shipment outside of the United States.
The Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard is the step forward in a long history that is the Burton Custom. Equipped with Burton's Flying V™, Super Fly II™ Core and Sintered WFO Base, the Custom Flying V handles everything that the mountain has to offer in style. The combination of precise control and amazing float in powder makes the the Burton Flying V Snowboard a great choice for everyday shredding at your local hill.
Burton Custom Flying V Rocker Snowboard - Men's: From early morning pow laps through the trees to afternoon park laps with your pals there is no need to look any further than the Custom Flying V from Burton Snowboards as the All Mountain board of choice! Burton’s hybrid camber/rocker ‘Flying-V’ shape offers the rider the best of both worlds in a no compromise design! Cambered sections under foot combined with a rocker shape throughout provide grip and response when and effortless float through powder or chop. The Custom Flying V is the first and last word in all mountain versatility for the rider that wants to never ever worry if they are riding the right board for the day or conditions. Your friends will be jealous.
* Diecut Base Color Combinations May Vary- Cannot be guaranteed.
Define skill on the slopes with the trusted performance of the crisp Burton® Custom Flying V™!
A blend of camber and rocker performance, Flying V offers the best of both worlds. Rocker overall, including between and outside your feet, enhances playfulness and float. Underneath your feet, subtle camber zones focus edge-control for crisp snap, added pop, and powerful turns.
Directional Shape is designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip and terrain or condition.
Twin flex is symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile when ridden regular or switch.
Super Fly II™ core places stronger and lighter wood in specific areas of the core providing snap, strength and reduced weight for uncompromised board feel and response with Dualzone™ EGD™ in which the wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for superior edge hold and added durability.
are beneath your bindings and extend out slightly for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. While Frostbite Edges are always hungry for hard-pack, they remain ever forgiving in softer conditions.
45° Carbon Highlights optimizes each layer of the fiberglass matrix and adds a full tip-to-tail carbon layer to reduce weight and fine tune torsional feel to achieve different ride characteristics.
Sintered WFO Base infuses a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material, resulting in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season in any condition.
Squeezebox technology improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
is snowboarding's ultimate connection, offering the fastest, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. Compatible with all major binding companies.
Pro Tip™ design utilizes a tapered tip and tail thickness that reduces swing weight and creates a more playful feel.
™ is created by overbuilding the board, allowing the Burton-exclusive technology to maximize pop and strength. It is then placed in a machine that breaks in the board for you. From first day to last, this board will maintain its flex, pop and performance.
Made in Austria.
The Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard puts a modern twist on the original Custom board. Flying V gives you the best of both rocker and camber for freedom and fun everywhere on the hill. There's a smattering of tech, like Frostbite edges, Squeezebox, and The Channel mounting system to squeeze out every last bit of performance. And with its team-tested heritage, you already know the Custom is up to whatever you throw at it.
The V Rocker profile puts rocker between your feet for deep snow float, and mates it to camber under the bindings for stomped landings and locked in carves. The edge hold gets a boost from Frostbite edges, which places bumps in the sidecut underneath your feet, to give you even more grip. It has a mild 10mm of stance setback, for directional stability, but the twin flex means that your switch stance won't stuffer a bit.
The lightweight Super Fly II core keeps the overall weight down to help with technical tricks. The weight is further reduced through Pro-Tip construction in the tip and tail, which knock the swing weight down for faster spins. The Squeezebox profile is thinner underneath the binding for unrestricted board feel and uninterrupted flex, and the Highlights High Voltage carbon stringers radiate out from the binding to give you more response without making the deck unnecessarily stiff. The Channel mounting system works in conjunction with EST bindings to give you unlimited setup options and a natural flex, instead of dead spots under the bindings. Round it out with a super-fast, wax absorbent WFO sintered base, and you'll be hauling all over the hill.
The Custom Flying V Snowboard is super versatile and really fun across the whole mountain. If having a whole collection of snowboards isn't in the cards, the Custom Flying V is a fantastic do-it-all board. V-Rocker puts rocker in the tip and tail, and also between your feet. Camber goes in all the little places in between. This gives you float in soft snow, catch-free riding in the park, and grip on the hardpack. Besides the profile, Burton also played with the thickness of the core. It's thinner between the bindings, providing more flex and control. 45° Carbon Highlights add torsional stiffness, giving you fast response without adding a bunch of weight.
10% Discount on 2013-2014 Snowboard Packages: Buy any full-price Burton snowboard, boots, and bindings and get a 10% discount on all 3!
The name you know and love is back in the shape you’ve grown to adore. The Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard ascends the mountain once again to claim victory as the true authority on the hill. A medium flex, blend of rocker and camber, and plenty of pop all add up to a model that was built for versatility and masterful finesse in all conditions. Super tough sidewalls and an extremely durable base make this piece worthy of the most rugged encounters with truly gnarly terrain. Get the most out of your pass this season with the Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard.
Attention: Burton Snowboards & Gear can be shipped only within the United States and Canada.
A leaner, meaner evolution of the most trusted board ever. Since 1995, innovation has defined the Custom series. Now snowboarding’s one-board answer to all terrain adds Carbon Highlights to the mix for drastic weight-savings, crisper pop and, synthesized with Squeezebox, deluxe handling to pilot through the mountain’s mixed bag. Flying V combines camber’s power with the relaxed feel and float of rocker for the best of both.
• Bend: Springloaded - A blend of camber and rocker performance, Flying V offers the best of both worlds. Rocker overall, including between and outside your feet, enhances playfulness and float. Underneath your feet, subtle camber zones focus edge-control for crisp snap, added pop, and powerful turns.
• Terrain: Groomers.
• Personality: Happy Medium.
• Width: Standard and Wide.
• Shape: Directional Shape , Progressively Wider Waist Widths.
• Flex: Twin Flex.
• Core: Super Fly II Core , Dualzone EGD
• Base: Sintered WFO
• Fiberglass: NEW 45° Carbon Highlights.
• Sidewalls: Frostbite Edges.
- The Channel is snowboarding’s ultimate connection, offering the fastest, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. It’s also compatible with all major binding companies, so why settle for anything less? NEW for 2014, all boards featuring The Channel are backed by a three-year warranty.
• Squeezebox - This patent-pending technology improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board snappier, more stable, and easier to manipulate.
- A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- This Burton-exclusive technology allows us to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Springloaded, Rocker, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
*Graphics vary by size*
The Burton Custom Flying V snowboard is the all-mountain board you've come to know and love. It blends rocker and camber, giving you the best of both worlds when riding both steeps and park features.
Recommended rider weights are a general guideline. Please keep in mind that additional factors can affect which size will best suit your needs. If you have questions regarding ski and snowboard sizing, please contact us at 1-800-426-4840.
Berg's Ski Shop
For years the original Burton Custom Snowboard was the board to which all others were compared. With the Flying-V core profile, Burton has upped the anti again. Amazing pop and carve-able edge hold make this board a deluxe version of the original. Enjoy one of the most stable, maneuverable, easy to ride, boards available.