Califone Survival Signs -
The Califone Survival Signs card program is a true supplement which can be easily integrated into early childhood classroom curriculum, ELL, ELD, speech language therapies, foreign language acquisition and adult literacy groups. This kit will help students identify 48 common signs, as well as correctly pronounce and read the names of those signs. Each audio card has a full-color illustration of the sign with the words that typically appear on or near the sign clearly written on each card.
The reproduce able Teacher Progress Chart can be used for pre/post testing of student knowledge of the 48 signs. Each audio card is also numbered to correspond with the progress chart.
- Clearly labeled box for quick and easy identification and classroom applications
- Reading and writing skills develop in a variety of ways, this program enables students to link visible letters with the sounds they hear. This repeated, multi-modal, kinesthetic, visual and auditory reinforcement helps solidify mental connections between written and spoken words
- Reproducible teacher reference chart to track progress
- Provides vocal mirroring capabilities when used with a CardMaster Card Reader. A card is selected and played through the CardMaster. The student listens to the prerecorded sound, records a response, compares the two recordings and repeats as many times as necessary
- Optional blank cards allow creation of additional teacher created lessons and a permanent record of student progress
- 48 cards include commonly used words such as: stop, hospital, don't walk, one way, no trespassing, women, men, not an exit, watch your step, danger - flammable, caution - automatic door, poison and recycle