Califone Titanium Dual 3.5mm Plug Stereo Headphone with Microphone -
The Califone Titanium Dual 3.5mm Plug Stereo Headphone with Microphone helps optimize differentiated learning experiences with breakthroughs in safety, performance, comfort and durability. Built to help students not only learn content material, it is also designed to teach them about appropriate volume listening levels when using a headphone.
By integrating Sentinel Technology into the earcup, the volume playback level is restricted to the ASHA-recommended maximum of 85 decibels for safe listening practices (this feature can be disarmed for students with special needs). The HPK-1030 helps students focus more effectively on the task at hand by blocking the highest amount of ambient (external) noise of any passive headset.
Its microphone is also noise-reducing. Furthermore, school budgets can't afford equipment that won't last the entire year or cause lost learning time and that's why the HPK-1030 is built using more rugged ABS plastic (even its cord is thicker than previous models). But longer lasting doesn't automatically mean student comfort, which is why the ear cushions have also been upgraded to be just as long lasting, but feel softer without the accumulated clammy feeling which can come after prolonged use.
Lining and Layers:
Support and Cushioning:
- Softer, more comfortable ear cushions
- Comfort strap for longer wearability
- Adjustable head strap rugged enough for daily classroom use
- Detachable 6' cord is thicker than previous models
- Sentinel switch on the earcup restricts the volume to 85dB. LED light is earcup is green when the feature is active
- Earcups offer the highest passive ambient noise rejection, effectively blocking external distractions to keep students on task
- Dual 3.5mm plugs
- Noise-reducing electret microphone with reinforced boom for durability
- Protective slotted baffles guard against perforation of the speakers