Califone Titanium Series HPK-1520 Washable Headset with Cord 20Hz-20kHZ Frequency Response 85dB Sensitivity Up to 8hours Battery Usage -
The Califone Titanium Series HPK-1520 Washable Headset with Cord is designed to teach students about appropriate volume listening levels when using a headphone. By integrating Sentinel Technology into the earcup, the volume playback level is restricted to the ASHA-recommended maximum of 85 decibels for safe listening practices (this feature can be disarmed for students with special needs).
In addition to filtering the audio volume, the HPK-1520 helps students focus more effectively on the task at hand by blocking the highest amount of ambient (external) noise of any passive headphone, which Califone has ever offered.
School budgets can't afford equipment that won't last the entire year or cause lost learning time and that's why the HPK-1520 is built using more rugged ABS plastic (even its cord is thicker than previous models). But longer lasting doesn't automatically mean student comfort, which is why the ear cushions have also been upgraded to be just as long lasting, but feel softer without the accumulated clammy feeling which can come after prolonged use.
Lining and Layers:
Support and Cushioning:
- Softer, more comfortable ear cushions
- Comfort strap for longer wearability
- Adjustable head strap rugged enough for daily classroom use
- 3.5mm plug with 1/4" adapter
- Protective slotted baffles guard against perforation of the speakers
- Earcups offer the highest passive ambient noise rejection, effectively blocking external distractions to keep students on task
- Sentinel switch on earcup restricts the volume to 85dB. LED light is earcup is green when the cord is plugged into the computer and red when the feature is active