CAMP HMS Belay Lock Carabiner -
One of the flagship products of CAMP USA's gear array, the HMS Belay Lock Carabiner features a patented design that locks the carabiner in place on your belay loop to help prevent dangerous cross-loading. This inner-gate design boasts an intuitive design that extends to either side of the 'biner spine for full security. With both gates utilizing the same spring, the HMS Belay Lock saves weight and attaches with ease.
- A dimple on the spine creates an additional catch for the inner gate
- Inner gate uses the same spring as the main gate and locking "dimples" on the spine of the carabiner to keep it closed
- Keylock closure for snag-free rigging
- The potential for cross-loading is virtually eliminated
- The inner gate extends entirely from side to side for maximum security
- Patented design locks the carabiner in place on the belay loop to prevent dangerous cross-loading
Cross-loading your belay carabiner can be very dangerous, That is why Camp created the HMS Belay Lock carabiner that has an extra arm to make sure the carabiner stays where you put it.
The CAMP HMS Belay Lock Carabiner features a patented design to lock the carabiner in place on the belay loop and prevent dangerous cross-loading. In addition to the patented inner gate the carabiner features a keylock closure for snag-free clipping.
The HMS Belay Lock Carabiner from C.A.M.P. features a small inner gate that closes over the belay loop once the biner is in its optimal position for belaying or rappelling.
First, attach the biner to the belay loop and let it close. Second, open the small gate and insert the belay loop. Third, open the main gate to its full position to fully compress the small inner gate and insert your belay device and rope and the same time. Tighten the screw gate.