CAMP C Comp Crampon -
The C Comp Crampon by Camp USA. For mixed climbing at the highest level. The modular front allows the monopoint to be centered or offset, adjusted in length, or converted to dual points. A small inner spike on the heel is useful for hooking the backside of ice columns. The optional heel spur is used for inverted aerial maneuvers on extreme mixed routes. For competitions, remove the linking bars and bolt these bad boys directly to your boots. By keeping the heel and toe bails attached, the C Comps can be attached to boots with just one bolt for each piece so you can hammer out the approach in the same boots you will use for climbing (a distinct advantage over traditional fruit boots).
FEATURES of the Cassin C Comp Crampon.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Cassin C Comp Crampon.
- Durable, lightweight chromoly steel construction
- Front point adjusts by length, angle, and orientation, and it can be fitted as a dual point, depending on the type of climb
- Vertical framed forefoot creates a powerful platform for moving up the ice
- Vertical forefoot frame maximizes power and precision
- Can be bolted directly to boots for maximum performance in competitions
- World-class mixed crampons with replaceable front points
- Can be attached directly to boots by keeping heel and toe bails attached
- Small inner spike and optional heel spur allow better options on overhanging ice; heel spur sold separately
- Mixed Ice Climbing, Competitions
- Case included
- By C.A.M.P. of Italy
Backcountry.com (Fall 2013)
The CAMP USA C Comp Crampon's aggressive design handles the steepest ice and mixed climbs with ease. Forged steel construction takes years of abuse, and the front point can be replaced when you wear it down to a nub. CAMP added a small secondary point to this crampon's mono-point design to give you better purchase on ice without compromising mixed climbing performance.
Sierra Trading Post
C.A.M.P.'s Cassin C Comp crampons feature a replaceable steel front point and is engineered for technical mixed climbing and ice routes.
For the serious performance required for mixed ice climbing competitions, CAMP's C Comp crampon employs an asymmetric monopoint that can be adjusted in length and angle, and a small inner spike on the heel for hooking the backside of ice columns.