Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L-II (USM) Auto Focus Telephoto Lens with Case & Hood - Grey Market -
Building upon the success of its predecessor; the EF 200mm f/2.8L; the "II" in this latest 200mm lens model number refers to improvements suggested by the most important people of all - Canon customers. For instance, the pull-out hood featured on the original model has been replaced by a separate, larger and more effective hood, the ET-83B; making this model unique in its class of moderately priced, single focal length lenses.
The EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM employs Canon's famous rear-focus telephoto optical design that delivers outstanding picture quality throughout its entire shooting range - even at middle and close distances. And like its high-end siblings, this lens also uses two ultra-low dispersion (UD) glass elements to ensure maximum image sharpness and accurate color fidelity; and Canon's advanced ultrasonic focusing motor (USM) and rear focusing design for silent, high speed autofocusing. The EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM is perfectly suited for Canon's EOS system cameras, placing special emphasis on manual focusing capabilities. The new 200mm f/2.8L II USM lets you get up close and personal, and still keep your distance.
- EOS compatibility is ensured. EOS-dedicated information such as metering and focal length is transmitted directly through the lens mount to the camera body.
- Added focusing versatility through full compatibility with 1.4x and 2x EF Extenders.
- Large maximum aperture of f/2.8 allows full use of the cross-type BASIS feature on all EOS cameras from infinity to the closest shooting distance of 4.9ft. (1.5m).
- Ultra-low dispersion (UD) glass compensates for chromatic aberration and ensures accurate color and sharp, clear images.
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and rear focusing design allow for silent, high speed auto focusing and full-time manual focus.
- Smooth manual focusing is accomplished through Canon's mechanical manual focusing system and wide rubber focusing ring for easy adjustments.