Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Zoom Lens - Grey Market -
By reducing the distance from the rear of the lens to the focal plane and reducing the size of the image circle to match the size of the APS-C imaging sensor used in digital SLRs such as the EOS 20D camera and Digital Rebel camera,Canon's EF-S lenses reduce the size, weight and cost of wide-angle lenses for these cameras while at the same time producing high image quality with superb resolution and contrast at all focal lengths.
EF-S 10-22 3.5/4.5 USM
This exciting new zoom lens provides ultra wide-angle coverage to the EOS 20D camera and Digital Rebel camera shooter. Equivalent toa 16-35mm zoom for a 35mm film camera, it offers excellent performance and optics designed from the ground-up for digital SLR use. Excluding fisheye lenses, the EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens has the shortest minimum focal length ever offered for interchangeablelens digital SLRs with APS-C image sensors.
Photographers will achieve consistently excellent image quality throughout the zoom range of this lens because of its 3 Aspherical elements and 1 Super-UD element in a 13-element optical formula. A ring-type ultrasonic focusing motor (USM) provides fast and silent AF along with full-time manual focus. Minimum focusing distance is 9.5 inches for breathtaking close-ups. The EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens is relatively light and compact at 3.5 inches in length and a weight of 13.6 oz. The new lens accepts 77mm filters and can be fitted with an optional bayonet-mount lens hood.
Please Note: This lens is compatible only with the EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EO S 40D, EOS 50D, D7 and all EOS Rebel and EOS Digital Rebel models with APS-C siz ed sensors.
Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras, or for 35mm size "fu ll-frame" digital cameras, e.g. 1Ds or Kodak Pro SLR/c.
- Circular aperture design, natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Close-focusing to 9.5 inches, fill the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Relatively compact size and light weight for an ultra-wide zoom lens
- Inner focusing system (no front element rotation); length doesn't change if zoomed
- EF-S lens mount, exclusively for EOS 20D and Digital Rebel bodies
- Excellent optical quality and true wide-angle coverage with select digital SLRs
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus by simply turningring
- Electronic diaphragm, manually-set apertures stay constant from f/4.5 thru f/22