Canon EF-S 17-85mm F/4-5.6 USM IS Zoom Lens for APS-C Sensor DSLR Cameras - U.S.A. Warranty. -
By reducing the distance from the rear of the lens to the focal plane and reducing the size of the image circle to match the size of the APS-C imaging sensor used in digital SLRs such as the Digital Rebel cameras, Canon's EF-S lenses reduce the size, weight and cost of wide-angle lenses for these cameras while at the same time producing high image quality with superb resolution and contrast at all focal lengths.
EF-S 17-85 F4 IS USM
This new EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to telephoto coverage to APS-C camera photographers. It features Canon's Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-held photography at shutter speeds up to three steps slower than otherwise possible. And of course, it's optically optimized for digital SLRs. A ring-type USM delivers fast and silent auto focus, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
The EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens provides a 5x zoom ratio and an angle of view equivalent to a 27-136mm lens on a 35mm camera. The new lens also uses a glass-molded aspherical lens element with aspherical surfaces on both sides for superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range and it features a closest focusing distance of 12 inches at all focal lengths. The EF-S 17-85mm IS lens is 5% shorter and 12% lighter than the EF 28-135mm IS lens and accepts 67mm filters.
The Canon 17-85mm is commonly used for Art, Documentary, Fun, General purpose, Landscape/scenery, Photojournalism, Portraits, Travel, Upgrade, Weddings and more.The Canon 17-85mm is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Enthusiast, Photo enthusiast, Professional among others.The Canon 17-85mm is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Canon 17-85mm: Clear glass, Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Easily mounted, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Rugged, Simple controls and Strong construction.
- Close-focusing to 1.15 feet -- at 135mm, fills the frame with subject 3 x 4.4 inches
- Circular aperture design -- natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Non-rotating front element; lens length does not change during zooming
- Compact, lightweight design with a 5x zoom ratio, 28 to 135mm equivalent
- Image Stabilization extends the lens's usefulness in low-light levels
- EF-S lens mount, exclusively for APS-C Sensor camera bodies
- Ring-type Ultrasonic motor for superior AF performance; allows full-time MF