Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens -
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens.
Designed for use in Canon's APS-sensor based DSLRs, the new Canon EF 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens boasts especially quiet zoom operation, making it the sixth STM lens in the Canon line. STM lenses use the same Stepping Motor, which is virtually silent and is therefore best suited for video capture. (A DSLR's on-camera mic will pick up zoom sounds, which is why we generally recommend using an off-camera microphone.)
The new 55-250mm lens is a consumer-grade lens with one UD element that Canon says will reduce chromatic aberration, a 7-blade circular aperture, and focusing as close as 2.79 feet.
- Enhanced lens coatings help to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time Manual Focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- One UD lens element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, for excellent Instruction Book image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- Rear focusing system, high-speed CPU, and improved AF algorithm allow high-speed autofocus.
- Minimum focusing distance - 2.79 ft./0.85 m (full zoom range).
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilization for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of shake correction.
- Front lens section does not rotate during focusing for improved ease of use.
- New six-group zoom system provides a compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end.