Canon MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite Flash with E-TTL Guide Number 14m / 46' at ISO 100 Grey Market -
This Ring Lite for close-up and macro shooting is loaded with features and capabilities. Now with Canon's E-TTL, it takes full advantage of the flash performance of the EOS-1v, EOS-3, and other E-TTL cameras. Circular twin flash tubes can fire at even power, or varied between them over a six-stop range, and one or more 550EX Speedlites can be used as wireless slaves along with the MR-14EX. The controller unit now has an illuminated full-info LCD panel and its accepts optional hi-capacity battery packs.
Professional close-up flash photography becomes as easy as normal AE shooting when the MR-14EX is mounted onto any EOS system camera that supports E-TTL metering (i.e., Type-A EOS cameras). The E-TTL system emits the perfect amount of light, optimally balancing flash output and ambient light to ensure a natural balance. The MR-14EX also has advanced features such as High-Speed Sync (FP flash), Flash Exposure Lock (FEL), a Flash Exposure Compensation (up to +/- 3 stops) and Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB, up to +/- 3 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments).
When the MR-14EX is used with a Type-B EOS camera that does not support E-TTL autoflash control (e.g., EOS 1N, 5, 10), TTL autoflash control is used. In this case, Flash Exposure Compensation, FEB and manual flash exposure controls are available.
- Requires accessory ring Macro Lite Adapter 72C to fit EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro
Support and Cushioning:
- Supports TTL, Flash Exposure Bracketing and Variable Power Manual Flash with all EOS cameras featuring manual exposure, plus T90
- Supports E-TTL, FE Lock and FP Flash (hi-speed sync) functions with Type-A EOS cameras
- Supports E-TTL Wireless Autoflash in conjunction with one or more 550EXs
- Compatible with AA-size alkaline, lithium, Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries; Accepts optional Canon-brand external battery packs (Compact Battery Pack CP-E2 and Transistor Pack E)
- Mounts directly onto Canon EF Macro lenses: EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, and MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1 5x Macrophoto.
- Illuminated LCD panel for easy flash settings in any lighting condition
- Incandescent focusing lamps and two forms of modelling flash permit preview of lighting effects
- Twin-tube ring lite designed for close-up photography with EF Macro lenses; Flash tubes can fire together or independently