Canon PowerShot S110 Digital Camera 12.1MP 1/1.7" CMOS Sensor 5x Optical Zoom 24-120mm UA Lens 3.0" LCD Display Black -
The Canon PowerShot S110 Digital Camera (Black) is an advanced compact digital camera with a 12MP resolution 1/1.7" CMOS sensor, redesigned high speed autofocus and 3.0" touch screen display. It also shoots Full HD video and RAW files in several aspect ratios. Its 5x optical zoom lens has the 35mm equivalent of a 24-120mm focal length, while the built-in Control Ring allows for easy access to functions and settings. Other than the cameras hardware, the S110 uses various Canon technologies such as Intelligent IS for stabilization, Smart AUTO for easy scene detection, Movie Digest for an automated highlight reel and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to print and share photos or videos wirelessly.
The 12.1MP High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works in tandem with Canon's own DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create the unique Canon HS SYSTEM. With this system, you'll experience excellent autofocus, tracking and high ISO performance, even in low lighting. This means you can shoot using higher shutter speeds, with less of a chance for camera shake and clearer images as a result. The same is also true when shooting video.
In addition to the HS SYSTEM's fast performance, the S110 also has a redesigned High Speed AF feature that greatly improves the speed of the camera's autofocus. With a short 0.2 sec AF delay and 0.25 sec shooting time lag, you can capture more fleeting moments that otherwise would have been missed - or a blur. High-Speed Burst HQ allows for a maximum of approximately 10 fps of continuous shooting, while maintaining the camera's full 12MP image resolution.
With its 5x Optical Zoom, the S110's 24-120mm equivalent lens has a bright f/2.0 aperture, which is ideal for low-light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for pleasing, defocused background effects. These benefits also translate into the Full HD video captured by the camera, providing the same desirable background effects and excellent zoom for close-ups of your subject.
On the back of the camera, a 3.0" capacitive touch panel LCD offers easy and intuitive operation with the tap of a finger. The LCD, with Canon's PureColor system, responds to familiar one- and two-finger gestures. Users can spread and pinch to change the magnification in playback, drag two fingers to switch the display and quickly select camera settings. Of course, you can also adjust the panel's touch sensitivity to your liking. The camera's control ring, located at the base of the lens barrel, can be used in conjunction with the Touch Panel to conveniently access a range of additional actions, including Touch Shutter to capture images by pressing the touch screen rather than the shutter release.
A whole list of additional settings and functions can be adjusted quickly and conveniently using the PowerShot S110's control ring. Located at the base of the lens, the ring can be an easy way to change settings faster than the traditional methods of point-and-shoot cameras. The functions that can be assigned to the control ring vary with each shooting mode and you can set your preferences quickly using the dedicated ring-function selector button.
The PowerShot S110 has built-in Wi-Fi for wirelessly sharing the images you've captured, wherever you find a wireless hotspot or compatible device. The camera makes it easy to connect directly to both iOS and Android devices and upload your images via the free Canon CameraWindow app. You can easily post the photos to your favorite social networks in order to update friends and family while you're traveling. Even without a mobile device, you can send images to a PC, share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras and even print by sending your images to a wireless printer.
Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video, with stereo sound, using the dedicated movie button built into the back of the camera. The full range of optical zoom is available while shooting and watching your videos afterward is easy by conveniently playing them on an HDTV via the mini-HDMI output. Simply touch the dedicated movie button, embedded in the PowerShot S110's thumb pad and start recording your 1080p Full HD video.
To keep your photos and videos from blurring or shaking, Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to provide the best image stabilization for the given situation. Capture clear, sharp images, even in low light conditions, without having to use a tripod. This allows you to focus on framing and capturing your shots, rather than how still you can hold the camera.
The Canon S110 is commonly used for Family photos, Landscape/scenery, Low light, Travel, Video and more.The Canon S110 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Casual photographer, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Canon S110 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Canon S110: Compact, Easy to use, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Good image quality, Good in low light, Image stabilization, Large clear LCD and Short lag time.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 24mm Wide-Angle lens allows you to capture more in your frame and a bright f/2.0 lens makes it ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds
- High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed and High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 10 frames while maintaining superb image quality
- A 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel PureColor System LCD offers easy and intuitive operation and Touch Shutter makes shooting easy and interactive
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with a DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for exceptional low-light performance up to ISO 12800 and enhanced image quality
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through Canon image gateway; to a PC or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android device
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; video functions include fine detail movie processing for lifelike images, zoom while shooting and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG, as found in Canon DSLR cameras, for the ultimate creative control
- Record GPS+ data on your smartphone using the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app and wirelessly add the location data to the images in your camera