Had lots of problems with rope wraps on one-man cats. First and foremost the oars came out of the oarlocks... and always at the worst time. Secondly the oarlocks beat up the rope wraps; I tried three different kinds of rope without much difference. Have since converted two of three cats to Carlisle Clamp-On Oar Locks, and am thrilled with the improvement. Haven't had an oar come loose yet! Oar blades stay vertical all the time, too, which is nice. Didn't come with installation instructions, but here's what I did: heated one end of a piece of the white tubing that was included with the oarlocks lightly with a propane torch until the end softened up and started to thicken, then pushed the oarlock pin through (from the other side) to open up the softened end. This created a rim wide enough to keep the tubing in the oarlock support on the cat. Installed the tubing in the oarlock support, cut off about a quarter inch longer than the support, and repeated the heat/open process on the other end. The rims on either end of the white tube keep it locked into the oarlock support on the cat (see picture.) Note that the white plastic tubing is very soft -- it reminds me of P-Tex you'd use on the bottoms of snow skis -- so you don't need a lot of heat. Tied a cord onto each oar to leash them to the cat, and I'm floating the Salmon!