Celestron 11" CGE Pro 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount 2800mm (110.24") Focal Length Adjustable Tripod -
The Celestron CGE Pro 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is part of Celestron's "Top-of-the-Line" German Equatorial mounted astronomical telescopes. With the optical tube assembly of the CGE Pro 1100 weighing only 27.5 lb., this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies and it has 89% more light gathering power than an 8" telescope and more than 40% more than the 9.25".
This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment; it is a serious scientific research tool that comes with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings.
Lining and Layers:
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
Support and Cushioning:
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for Improve tracking precision.
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy.
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Latitude range 10° to 60° northern or southern hemispheres
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Software Features include Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits.
- 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Proven NexStar computer control technology