Celestron 9.25" CGE Pro 925 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with CGE Pro Computerized Equatorial Mount 2350mm (92.52") Focal Length Adjustable Tripod -
The Celestron CGE Pro 925 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is part of "Top-of-the-Line" computerized German Equatorial mounted astronomical telescopes. It is the most portable of the three size models and comes mounted on Celestron's new CGE Pro EQ mount. This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment. With over 9" of aperture and the premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGE Pro 925 gives you over 1000 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye.
Lining and Layers:
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
Support and Cushioning:
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for Improve tracking precision.
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy.
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93967)
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet