Celestron Advanced VX 8" Newtonian Telescope -
Large aperture at an affordable price, our Advanced VX 8" Newtonian provides 78%more light-gathering abilities compared to the 6" model. The parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a sharper image near the edge of the field of view. This scope is great for intermediate visual observers and beginning astroimagers looking for a large aperture with lots of light-gatheringpower. As you grow in your hobby, you can continue to enjoy all the high-level features of the Advanced VX.
About the Mount.
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You'll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- Improved electronics contain increased memory for future expansion
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Parabolic primary mirror minimizes spherical aberration to produce a better image
- 8" (200mm) f/5 optical design gives excellent wide field views
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 - 77 degrees latitude.