Celestron CGE Pro 925 HD 9.25" EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope -
Introducing Celestron's New Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Design!
• Visibly Sharper Images.
• Superior Performance.
• Enhanced Mechanical Features.
• Fastar® Compatible.
EdgeHD is an aplanatic Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrograph" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture.
Starbright XLT® Coatings.
Coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to Celestron's new optimized optical design, the EdgeHD tube has been redesigned to give you the most from your optics each and every night.
Flexible tension clutcher hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount. The flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or chip).
Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
The EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging scope available today. At its native f/10 you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. With the optional reducer lens (coming soon) you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A barlow gives you the added power for high resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. And of course all EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar® compatible for ultra fast f/2 wide field imaging. Each tube has been fitted with a removable secondary mirror and are laser bench aligned to ensure they are axially symmetric.
Lining and Layers:
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
Support and Cushioning:
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for Improve tracking precision.
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy.
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- 6x30 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93967)
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer