Celestron CGE PRO Computerized German Equatorial Mount with 38-55" Adjustable Tripod Internal Clock -
The Celestron CGE Pro German Equatorial mount is being fully computerized with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects. It features increased payload capacity, all-star polar alignment, no-tool polar alignment, meridian tracking, faster slew speed, power management, pointing and tracking.
Lining and Layers:
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for Improve tracking precision.
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Weighs 154 lbs
- Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and for easy guiding.
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory (93967)
- 12VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- One 22 lbs counterweight
- One 4.72" O.D. thrust bearing and one 4.13" O.D. thrust bearing on each axes provide a large thrust surface for additional stability.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Rugged 9-pin thread on motor cables
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55"
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects